Part 17: Food for Two

"Les rêves des amoureux..."

"Sont comme le bon vin...."

The Falling Devil hummed, walking down the street with a gentle hop in her step. She smiled as she approached a group of pedestrians, none the wiser to her nature.

Blrch!

Slrsh!

"Ils donnent de la joie... ou bien du chagrin..." The Falling Devil sang as her wing arms swung faster than the eye could see, living off the ears and plucking out the eyes of people she passed.

Zlck!

"GYAH!!!"

"Affaibli par la faim, je... suis malheureux..."

Swish!

Pluck!

"MY EYES!!!"

"Volant en chemin... tout ce que je peux..."

Shunk!

Plrch!

"HYAAAH!!!"

"Car rien n'est gratuit dans la vie...!" The Falling Devil finished her little music number, raising her bag and letting an assortment of eyes and ears fall inside. "Ten eyes. Four ears." The Falling Devil said, listing the ingredients she had just collected to herself. "That leaves..." Falling muttered, turning to look at a supermarket across the street.

----------

The Falling Devil held an apple in her palm, studying it with her closed, bleeding eyes.

"Excuse me, do you have an apple variety that pairs well with human flesh?" The Falling devil asked, tilting her head upwards.

An elderly woman dressed in a supermarket uniform was plastered to the ceiling, under the effect of The Falling Devil's anomalous ability.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry...!" The elderly woman whimpered, tears falling upwards as they dripped from her eyes.

"Oh dear. Please relax." The Falling Devil said. "Unless you attack me first, I mean you no harm." She smiled.

The older woman's jaw opened slightly, surprised at that statement.

"Now, about those apples..." The Falling Devil said.

----------

"L'espoir est un plat bien... trop vite consommé..." The Falling Devil hummed, stepping out of the supermarket with a few apples added to her bag. "À sauter les repas... je suis habitué..."

...

"Oh, goodness, me. I forgot..." The Falling Devil said. "The recipe called for the sauce called for a man's head." She realized.

She turned, gazing out into the city.

"Excuse me, could one of you spare me one?" The Falling Devil asked, knowing people were watching her.

"Open fire." A devil hunter said, laying on a far-off balcony with a sniper aimed straight at The Falling Devil.

BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM!!!

The devil hunter opened fire on the Falling Devil, joined by two others as they blasted The Falling Devil to hell, obliterating her body with dozens of high-powered sniper rounds. The gunfire didn't stop until she was a pile of flesh and guts, completely unrecognizable from the well-dressed chef she had been mere seconds ago.