Part 9: Between a Cat and a Criminal

"It was a strong weapon, but more fragile for it." Yoru said, gazing at the shards of the Uniform Sword.

She and Asa stood next to each other, surveying the wreckage of the campus left behind by Yuko.

Asa was silent, the image of the girl with ringed eyed flashing in her head. Yoru could see it too, able to see and hear her thoughts.

"She called me her little sister. Do you know her, Yoru?" Asa asked.

"I don't." Yoru said bluntly. "She's just some madwoman, no?" She asked.

Asa was quiet for a moment before she turned to leave.

"I hit my head and I can't remember what happened then." Asa thought. "But whatever that girl did... brought Yuko back and made her giant." Asa thought. "Could she be the justice devil?"

Asa looked up suddenly, noticing the students gathered in front of her.

The red-ringed eyes of the girl she was thinking about stared into hers. The girl from the day before sported a fashionable cap, just as her entourage did.

"Nice to meet you." A male student greeted her, tipping his cap to her. "We're from the student council-slash-devil hunter club." He said. "And I am the club-slash-student council president..." He said, taking off his hat. "Haruka Iseumi." Haruka said.

Asa stared at them, not impressed.

"The Devil Hunte Club lost two members after the attack two days ago. One quit and the other died." Haruka explained. "But it seems we also have something to gain." He spoke up. "Akoku here told me how you fought. From the sound of it, you put up a better fight than him." Haruka said, impressed. "And on top of that, you're a prospective club member." Haruka said.

"We will gladly..."

"Accept you into our club." Iseumi said. "Any questions?" He asked.

Asa closed her eyes.

And Yoru opened them. 

"I heard that Chainsaw Man's a member of the devil hunter club. Do you know his identity?" Yoru asked.

"Hahahahaha!" Haruka laughed. "Here's your answer!" He said, lifting his shirt to reveal a ripcord hanging out of his chest.

Yoru's eyes widened.

Before shifting into a cold glare.

"I have something to do today. See you around, Chainsaw Man." Yoru said, malice barely vailed under her voice.

"All right. Till we meet again, Asa Mitaka." Haruka said.

Yoru wordlessly trudged past them, at long last having found her nemesis.

----------

Yoru walked down a set of stairs, school having been concluded. 

"Is that guy really Chainsaw Ma!?" Asa asked.

"The starter proves it." Yoru said.

"But would he really out himself like that!?" Asa asked. "Wait, why didn't you kill him then and there!?" Asa asked.

"I couldn't fell Yuko by myself. There's no way I'd beat Chainsaw Man, even without the threat of his allies." Yoru said.

...

"Don't misunderstand, I'm strong! I just need a strong weapon. Then I can beat him!" Yoru said suddenly, covering for herself. "Asa! Make me an even stronger weapon than your super-strong uniform sword!" Yoru ordered. "Or I'll kill you!" She added.