Epilogue

"Trust me, this is totally worth seeing," Kym said as she tugged Percy along.

"It better be," Horus grumbled, standing behind him. Or Percy assumed that was where he was, given the position of his voice. Kym, Sally, and Poseidon had blindfolded him for this.

"It is," Poseidon's voice said from somewhere in front.

"We've been putting off showing you, since it's underwater, but I think you'll like it," Sally said. "It's certainly worth seeing."

Finally, Percy heard the lapping of waves and felt himself being pulled into the sea. Even the water seemed excited.

"It's a little this way," Poseidon called, and then Percy felt himself submerged into the water. The water's call was overwhelming at first, but after breathing for a few seconds, he managed to block it out.

Wait. Breathing?

They swam a bit, and then someone pulled off the blindfold. The sight nearly took Percy's breath away.

They were under the ocean. A shelf of land ended abruptly and the ocean floor was out of sight. Rays of sunlight shone from above.

And all around him were kelpies.

As opposed to seeing them in the pens at Cerulean Stables, they were wild and free. Their white fur glittered and glowed in the low light, and their pitch black eyes looked less terrifying and more hopeful.

Percy couldn't stop the smile that spread across his face as the kelpies swam him and his family.

Everything would be alright.