Part 5.

Erik's Pov,

We've been riding for a fortnight already, and finally, we've reached my ships, and I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face.

"Are these your ship?!" Rickon asks me with wide eyes, and I give him a nod. "Indeed they are, we are sailing to Essos." I awnser as I dismount my horse and lift him off of it. 

My dreams still happen. It's so weird it like even when I'm awake, my hearing and smelling has increased?  I don't know what is happening with my body, but something is changing inside of me.  

"Not as good as mine was, but they will do." Corwyn says, and I shake my head at the idiot  I call my friend. 

"As my memory is correct, I sunk yours." I counter, and he takes his flask out of his pocket before taking some large sips.

"Ai you did, made me shed many tears that day." He says before handing me his flask, and I take a sip.

"Get the men ready. I wish to set sail as soon as possible." I say as I throw him his flask back, and he starts walking away from me.

"As you wish, my lord!" He yells with a laugh and I see Shadow and Shaggydog walk over to us but I tilt my head to the side as they lay down and show my their belly just like every night in my dreams.  

"It's alright, you two, now  little warrior, are you ready to get on our ship?" I ask Rickon as I lift him up and place him on my shoulders. 

"I never thought I would be so far away from home." Rickon breaths out as we step onto the largest ship, and he's probably looking around in awe.

"Well, now you're here joining me on my travels, so you can see the world." I say with a smile as we look towards the men who are putting everything on the boats.

"Do you think bran will wake up?" He softly asks me, and I give him a nod. "We are Stark's, are we not? We have the blood of the First Men flowing through our veins. We are strong, Rickon, so yes, I believe Bran will wake up." I awser as I place him down on the deck. 

"Now let's get you settled into your chambers for the duration of our journey east." I say as he takes my hand, and we start walking towards the captains chambers.

He'll probably wish to stay with me anyway, so why not let him just settle in already.

...........

Walking towards the ships wheel, i see Corwyn already standing by it, and I couldn't stop the laugh that left my lips.

"Looks as if you're already getting comfortable." I state, and he gives me a huge grin. 

"How long will it take  for us to reach Quarth?" I ask him as the last of the men are putting the last of the horses and supplies and horses on the ships.

"About 6 months , we will have to stop twice for supplies." He awnsers, and I give him a nod. Don't ask me why, Quarth, but something in my body is telling me I need to head there.

"But what do you wish to gain in Quarth?" He asks, making me give him a shrug. "I don't know, but I feel as if Quarth is where I need to go right now." I awnser as the last of the men  get on the ships.

"Following him to Quarth for reasons he doesn't even know himself." Corwyn says, and I pat his shoulder.

"I thought you would be happy to sail a ship again." I state  and he gives me a grin.

"Ai yes, Corwyn master of the seas sailing a ship again, even if it isn't my beloved Siren." He says, making me roll my eyes.

Him and that dammed ship, I caught Corwyn and his men raiding some fishing villages by Sunhouse. I had only 1000 men back then, but yet we were victorious. We burned the 2 ships he had under his command, and the men we captured, including Corwyn, got the choice to join me, take the black or die. And well, most of the 400 men joined us, and during the years, Corwyn became my closest friend.

Seeing the men get the ramp up, I soon tilt my head to the side as Nymeria runs out from the trees and runs up the ship.

Walking down the few steps, I walk over to her and squad down.

"Hey girl, why aren't you with Arya? Is everything alright with her?" I ask her as she also turns in her back and shows me her stomach.

Why is she here? Is everything alright with Arya?! Well, she must be, but something must have happened for her to run away. Better yet, how did she find me?

I run around with her in my dreams, but dreams are dreams. Arya will be safe. Father makes sure that I just have to trust him, father he's an honorable man he truly is, but his honor sometimes blinds him.

I think I'm an honorable man? But unlike my father, I will not be blinded by it. Sometimes you need to do unhonarble things to safe lives, to keep the lands safe.

"Alright, you three, you're each free to join me on my journey, but I'm not sure if you will like the weather in Essos , I'm not even sure if I will like it. But if that's what you guys wish, you are free to stay." I say, and they all sit in front of me, geuss they made their choice, dire wolves are  loyal to their owners but if they didn't wish to join I  won't force them 

"Everything is ready, my lord." One of my men says, and I give him a nod.

"Corwyn, let's sail!" I yell, and he raises his flask before taking large sips as he stands behind the ships wheel.

And please don't let us sink somewhere with this drunk fool sailing the ship.

That Night.

Walking into my chambers, I see Rickon already in the bed with shaggydog by his side, and I walk over to him.

"Hey, we will be at sea for a long time, little warrior." I soflty say as I squad down next to the bed.

"I miss mother and father, but now I get to go on an adventure with you. We've always talked about wanting to go with you." He says with a yawn as I run my hand through his hair.

"Many times I missed mother, father and all of you too but I wished to see the world and give people a different life. No matter how much I miss you all, I've always carried you with me here." I say before placing my hand on his chest. 

"In our belly?" He asks me as his eyes grow heavy, and I chuckle at his words.

"No little warrior in our hearts, and the blood that flows through our veins. Now sleep." I say before placing a kiss on the top of his head.

"Night, Erik." He mumbles as he moves on his side and snuggles himself into shaggydog.

"Goodnight, little warrior."