48

MAXINE

The air is knocked out of my lungs as he crushes his lips on mine. His hands hold an iron grip around my upper arms, his thumbs brushing my skin as he drinks from my lips. I don't have time to react. I slither my arms around his back, pushing my body closer to his warmth that tempts me to respond to its call. The kiss is tender and smooth regardless of his sudden urge to taste me.

Strong arms start moving in a seductive dance on my body as his hands leave my shoulders and spread on my back, clawing me with a need for more. His hold becomes tighter as he's granted access to my mouth, and that's for the best because my knees suddenly feel very weak to hold my weight. I gasp when one of his hands gets lower, squeezing my bum as he brings me closer to him.

I rest my left hand on his back, tracing with my fingers the outlines of his bulging muscles while my right-hand reaches for the back of his neck, planting my fingers in his dark hair. He lets a satisfactory groan against my lips that make my body shiver and a part of my breasts turn hard as a rock.

He breaks the kiss slowly, torturing my very existence with his antics. Our eyes meet. The storm is raging with thunders of desire and waves of lust as his deep blue sea orbs start caressing me from top to bottom. Fingers dancing around my hips, his face approached me again but this time he plants his face on my collarbone, inhaling deeply my scent. A blissful sigh escapes his mouth, his hot breath landing on my skin, making my body tremble as shivers run down my spine like I've been hit by an electric current.

He leans back straight not leaving my eyes for a second. My hands circle him until they land on his hard broad chest, which heaves with every shaky breath he takes. I see the effect I have on his skin as I feel the muscles move when I pass my fingers from above, responding to my touch. I draw his lines with my fingers, biting my lower lip, and giving him a playful look.

This is not right. The unintentional actions of my traitorous being tempt him more, signalling that I'm ready for more. This is wrong, at least at the moment as I may find myself moving way more forward than I expect. I'm playing with fire. But then, when I watch him standing right in front of me, so close that my pulse quickens instantly and my heart races fast trying to break free from the prison of my ribcage it's even harder to control myself. I still cannot believe that I'm destined for a man like Rey. I spent many nights dreaming about the time when I meet someone, but this is beyond dreaming. This is fantasy and for one part I want to jump in and enjoy every moment of it. But something holds me back fearing that this may be a hallucination and nothing more.

When I reach his abdomen, he catches my wrists with both hands. The storm in his eyes is stronger, his gaze darker. I cling to his shirt, planting my fingers within the fabric, grabbing it tightly. What am I doing?

As if he read my darkest thoughts, he guides my hands upwards, taking off his shirt. My eyes widen and my mouth slightly opens upon the scenery of his bare chest breathing heavily in front of me. The warmth emanating from his body is penetrating my skin, loosening my resistance. His hands gently touch the knot of my robe, which with a single tug unties letting my robe part open. He pushes it passed my shoulders until it falls on the floor with a nearly inaudible thud.

He takes a deep breath as if he's trying to calm his instincts upon what he sees. My cheeks flush red when I catch him staring at me like this. The waves in his eyes go higher. With a swift move, he pushes me against his chest, getting one more sip from my numb lips. The kiss doesn't last long like before as he breaks it abruptly making a trail all over my neck with his lips. His kisses are branding my skin, leaving scars only he and I can see.

The feeling of his skin under my fingers ignites something inside me, something primitive. His touches make me feel alive as I've never felt before. Like all my life so far, I was in a deep slumber. He stops for a moment at my collarbone, inhaling my scent that seems to intoxicate him, yearning for more. I feel the hot air released from his lips and then the jolt of electricity as he plants a soft kiss on the swell of my breasts that was visible from the nightgown, making my feet turn to jelly, my body trembling from excitement and desire and my pants soaked. Before I collapse his hands wrap around me tightly to hold me in place as I reach and grab his broad shoulders.

Giving me another kiss, he scoops me off my feet. My heart tightens when I see where we're heading.