CHAPTER 19: BLIND, STUPID LUCK

Freen was booing loudly with the rest of the crowd. A very obvious foul was completely ignored by the refs and one of Becky’s teammates was on the ground in pain. The game had been pretty brutal, especially in this second half with only ten minutes left.

Columbia was up by one point and it was obvious their opponents were getting desperate. It was starting to look like a blood bath out there and it was pissing Freen off by the minute. She could see how frustrated Becky was getting, as well. She was very passionate about the game and as captain, she was very protective of her fellow teammates. And right now, she was arguing with the ref, who was giving her a warning to back off.

She did so, but Freen could tell she was upset. Freen kind of wished Tee or Nam were here. It was much easier to watch Becky’s games with someone there to go through all the stress with her. But for today, she was Becky’s one-woman cheer squad. She was even wearing one of Becky’s old jerseys with her number on it.

It was a little bit tight on her, but she didn’t think Becky would mind since it made her boobs look spectacular. Finally, the injured player got up and the game continued. But the other team still refused to let up with their aggressive defending. Freen watched as Columbia got possession of the ball.

The mid-fielder sent it up the line to Becky, who turned and hada clear path towards the goal. Suddenly, a defender came out of nowhere and tackled her, completely missing the ball and clipping Becky’s foot, instead.

This sent her flying, landing hard on her right side. The crowd gasped and Freen stood up, waiting to see if Becky was moving. A whistle blew and the ref pulled out a red card against the defender. Everyone in the stands cheered except for Freen. Her heart was pounding as she kept her eyes on Becky. She watched as her girlfriend rolled onto her back, wincing in pain and grabbing her arm, then grabbing her ribs.

Freen instantly ran down the bleachers to the sidelines. She wanted to run to her girlfriend, but knew that would have been a bit over-dramatic and probably would have embarrassed the hell out of Becky. She just wanted to make sure she was okay. She watched as the trainer and team doctor ran to Becky’s aid.

Everything was silent. All she could hear was Becky groaning in pain, then her commanding voice telling her coach she was fine. She waved them off and tried to get up, but struggled.

They had to help her as she hobbled off the pitch. With five minutes left in the game, the coach had to put in someone slse as Becky was escorted to the locker room. Freen knew her girlfriend was going to be pissed and was going to want to keep playing.

She folowed at a safe distance as they made their way to the locker room, listening to Becky’s protests.

I’m fine. There’s only a few minutes left. Let me at least take the shot!”

“Calm down, Armstrong. You’re injured. We have to make sure you’re okay.” Becky fought valiantly, but in the end, she doubled over in pain.

Freen’s heart wrenched as she watched them disappear into the locker room. All she could do now was wait. Freen paced back and forth. It had been almost forty five minutes since Becky was escorted off the field. In that time, she heard the cheering from the ztands that told her they had won the game. She watched as each of Becky’s teammates hurried off to the locker room to check on the status of their Captain, with quite a few of them giving Freen a sympathetic head nod or an encouraging pat on her shoulder telling her Becky would be okay.

No one had emerged yet, which made Freen fear the worst. She was close to just bursting in there to see what was going on. It’s not like it was breaking the law, or anything. She tried to be respectful, but she was worried sick about her girlfriend.