Chapter 36 - Part II

Wheel Inside the Wheel
Part II

There are certain souls that don't meet by accident. The universe works in mysterious ways..in a way that it makes it destiny for some souls to cross paths in their lifetime. For someone who has lived as long as Lola, there are several souls she was destined to meet.

There will be some souls that enter your life only to teach you lessons before they leave, but there are the rare few that come into your life and stay there. The ones that love the sides of you that you never thought were possible to love..a true love soulmate.

Then there will be some souls that come into your life at different points in your life but for the same reasons, to be your safe haven. Someone who understands you, someone that you could never fully explain and understand how much they mean to you. Someone who wasn't meant to be romantic with you, just meant to be..a platonic soulmate.

As Lola steps into Rousseau's, her eyes immediately go to another soul she knew it wasn't accidental that they met. Cami O'Connell. Sometimes you can't explain what you see in a person. It's just the way they can take you to a place no one else can, almost like a wonderland type of fantasy..

It can always happen like this, one day you meet someone and for some inexplicable reason..you feel more connected to this person than anyone you've came across in your life. Though Lola may not have realised straight away that meeting the blonde O'Connell at a college bar two years ago was part of her destiny..she realised now that it was. Sometimes it won't just be the length of time you've known someone, maybe it's just the instant recognition that person can give you.

Lola watches Cami sitting by the bar, engrossed in no doubt one of her many psychology books. As Lola takes one step forward, Cami comes to her feet and walks into the back of Rousseau's, blissfully unaware of Lola even standing there in that exact moment.

"Lo.." Stefan's soft voice brings Lola's back to reality where it's not just herself and Cami in this bar and yet Lola's eyes don't leave Cami's direction. Stefan's hand goes against her shoulder, "Should we get a bottle?"

"Yeah, sure." Lola mumbles under her breath, "Get whatever you want."

"I'll be right back." She needed to speak to Cami, she needed to say what was on her mind and apologise for how she was acting when her humanity was off.

Damon frowns standing beside Stefan watching as their sister walks towards the back of the bar, "Where the hell is she going?"

The heretic couldn't comprehend why it felt like her heart was about to beat straight out of her chest as she walks straight towards the back of Rousseau's where the blonde O'Connell walked to. 

"Cami." Lola's voice immediately made Cami turn tense, quickly looking over to Lola who remains in the doorway with her hands up in surrender, "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. I just want to at least try and make peace with you. You can tell me to go to hell or whatever but I just needed to see you."

Lola sighs softly stepping further into the back room of Rousseau's, "I needed to apologise for turning up at your apartment, listening in to your call with Davina. I just—" The heretic's eyes soften looking over to the O'Connell who seemed to be stunned into silence, "I wasn't myself and I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" Cami breathes out before she scoffs, "You're—" Cami shakes her head as she closes the gap between herself and Lola and pulls the Salvatore into an embrace as Cami sighs, "You don't have to apologise to me, Lola."

The faintest smile was against Lola's lips before she shakes her head pulling out of the embrace, "No, but I do. I can't just brush this under the carpet because I hated who I became when I flipped the switch. I used you for information on Davina and that was wrong of me. It was even worse I broke into your apartment to do that."