Chapter 12

The Casket Girls: Part One

Flashback, New York City: 1990:

"Seriously, O'Malley?" Lola's face twists with slight disgust as she walks into O'Malley's bar, not approving of the music choice playing, "Don't you think you should change the music in the jukebox?"

James laughs slightly as Lola sits at the bar, "All of this music is going to go down in history, Salvatore. Mark my words."

"Is Scott still around?" Lola glances around the busy bar before putting her attention back to James standing behind the bar, "I'm guessing he was around considering The Clash is playing right now. It's almost closing so I am surprised that he and Nate aren't here on the piano singing Great Balls of Fire."

"You just missed Scott, he said something about going to your apartment."

"Why does everyone treat mine and Ade's place as a free for all?" Lola scoffs as she stand up from the bar stool, she smiles towards James as she starts to walk away, "Thank you."

"Wait, before you go." Lola turns to face James who gestures further into the bar, "There's someone who has been lingering about here all day. Guy sitting in the corner over there wearing a fancy suit." Lola turns around as a group move from a certain spot to reveal Elijah, "I'm guessing he's the guy you've mentioned before?"

Lola quickly turns to face James again, cringing to herself, "He's already seen me, hasn't he?"

"Doesn't look like you're getting out of this one." James chuckles slightly, then places a bottle of red wine on the bar, "Take this with you, already added your little speciality to the bottle."

Lola releases a heavy breath as she takes the bottle, "Wish me luck." Lola walks towards the table where Elijah is sat, he notices her walking over to him. A warm smile graces his lips as he comes to a stand to greet her, "It's only been three years, Elijah." Lola teases as she sits opposite Elijah, throwing her leather jacket on the back of the chair, "Are you missing me already?"

Elijah clears his throat as he sits back down, "You're not exactly being discreet are you, Charlotte?"

Lola purses her lips slightly, leaning forward on the table, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Amelia!" Elijah frowns slightly as he sees a red haired girl approach them both, smiling broadly over to Lola, "Uh, Amelia?" Lola then looks over to the girl who stands awkwardly, a hint of embarrassment flushes her cheeks, "It's Natasha!" The girls clears her throat when Lola continues to look at her even more confused, "...from the other night?"

"Right!" Lola remembers, she flashes a fake smile over to her, "Natasha...hey."

"I just wanted-"

"You're not going to remember coming over here tonight," Lola begins to compel the girl, "You're going to go back home and spend quality time with your cats. If you don't have a cat, get one. You could do with the company."

The girl blinks a few times before walking straight out of the bar without saying another word, Lola grimaces as she watches her leave, "I couldn't remember her name." Lola turns her attention back to Elijah, with no expression on her face, "Could you tell?"

"What game are you playing, Charlotte?"

Lola rolls her eyes slightly, slumping into the chair as she pours herself a glass of red wine, "Why don't you just tell me why you're really here, Elijah?"