Chapter 34

HELLO LOVESSSSSSS
we need to take a second before we read to appreciate how amazing this GIF of our beloved klola is😭♥️..it's very fitting for this chapter too icl

evanschris- i swear you continue to amaze me😭🫶🏼 ilysm THANK YOU♥️

anyways..enjoy the chapter xo

Live and Let Die

"Brother!" Elijah's booming voice catches the dozen wolves loitering in the courtyard, all frowning towards the original who storms inside, "Niklaus!"

Hayley steps in between a group of wolves, storming straight towards Elijah as she glares up at him, "You do realise that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?" She rolls her eyes, looking away, "Something I wish Lola and your brother would realise."

Elijah narrows a bewildered stare towards the hybrid, not knowing what it is exactly Hayley meant by that last sentence, "Where is my brother?"

"I'll check his calendar..." Hayley's brows knit together, patting down her pockets before she shrugs wearing a mocking expression, "Wait, no. Not his wife, so..."

"Hayley, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command." Elijah closes the gap between himself and Hayley, not bothering to hide the annoyed expression that darkens him, "Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass."

"They're through there." Hayley gestures to the closed door behind Elijah, she scoffs shaking her head, "They've been in there most of the night. Anything you could imagine has probably happened in there...glasses being shattered, ear deafening arguments," Her lips twitch up in disgust, almost shuddering at the thought, "...and other things. It went oddly quiet about an hour ago so maybe they've killed each other. Who knows. Good luck dealing with that."

The original remains in his spot in the middle of the courtyard, watching as Hayley begins to walk away. There's honestly a part of him that dreads walking into the room where Klaus and Lola are, already knowing he can't bare whatever sight he may endure.

"Oh! One more thing, Elijah—" Hayley's sharp tone brings Elijah out of his thoughts. Her eyes darken as she steps back towards him, "Those beasts that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems."

The Mikaelson inhales sharply, blinking away the stunned expression on his face from Hayley's little dig at him. Clearing his throat, he steps towards the closed door leading to Klaus and Lola and honestly..he wish he never did.

Straight away Elijah can feel broken glass beneath his feet from the moment he opens up the door. He glances down at the floor to see it covered in smashed glass, porcelain, china..anything the pair could've latched their hands onto it seemed. Chairs that once tucked underneath the dining table are now scattered across the room, some completely ripped to pieces. Artwork mantled on the walls now either finding a new home against the floor or are barely holding their place on the wall.