Chapter 16 - Flashback Special #2

The Original Who Loved Me:
Part 2

New Orleans, December 1890:

"I think luring a woman into a home when you have fabric covering her eyes is usually how a murder begins."

Thomas chuckles softly as his hand grips tighter against Lola's, "All will be revealed shortly." Thomas places his hands against Lola's arms as he stands behind her, he lowers down to be by the side of her face, "Are you ready?"

An eager Lola nods, wearing a broad smile on her face as her eyes are still covered. Her smile doesn't leave once Thomas removes the blindfold, revealing his home that he has built from scratch, "This is beautiful!" Lola turns to face Thomas who remains standing in the doorway, "How did you get this completed so fast?"

Thomas shrugs one shoulder as he steps further into the foyer, "Compulsion mostly." He takes hold of Lola's hand and walks backwards towards a room off the foyer, "There's something else I want you to see. Consider it a Christmas gift."

He removes his grip from Lola's, both hands against the handles of the double doors leading to the room he intends to show Lola. Thomas stops for a moment, moving away from the doors before looking back towards Lola, "I know the compound is your home, but I thought that there wasn't really somewhere that was completely yours. Until now."

Lola's mouth is agape as Thomas opens the double doors revealing a large brightly lit room, two walls completely covered in books, a large grandfather clock at the corner of the room beside two large doors leading out into the gardens. Her eyes fall upon a grand piano in another corner of the room, her brows furrowed slightly as she steps closer to it before looking over her shoulder towards Thomas, "You created this entire room, just for me?"

Thomas wears a faint smile, stepping further into the room, "I watch how happy you look when you speak of playing the piano."

Lola smiles, her hands graze along the keys of the grand piano, "It's true I do love to play. However, there are times when I do play I envision my father standing in the corner, like he always did." Lola plays a note on the piano before rolling her eyes, "Critiquing every key I play."

Lola looks up to the mirror in front of her, seeing Thomas standing beside her still wearing a faint smile, "Perhaps it's time to create happier memories regarding the piano."

"You truly are a wonderful friend, Thomas." Lola turns to face Thomas, she takes hold of his hand, "This is too much."

"Nonsense." Thomas quickly dismisses, "I figured this could also be treated as your sanctuary. Somewhere you can feel at peace."

Thomas' eyes soften towards Lola, their hands still intertwined with each other. Lola glances down at their hands, removing hers from his grip before clearing her throat, "We need to celebrate you and your new home."

"How about tonight?" Thomas suggests, he begins to walk out of the room as his voice becomes more eager, "I can have a dinner arranged for us both."

"Not tonight." Thomas turns to see Lola still standing in the same spot wearing a polite smile, "Tonight is the annual Mikaelson dinner along with their traditional bonfire."

Thomas frowns, stepping closer to Lola, "With it being a Mikaelson dinner, you are expected to attend anyway?"

"Rebekah would kill me if I didn't." Lola laughs breathlessly before stepping away from Thomas towards the door, "We can celebrate another night, definitely. Why don't—" She takes a sharp breath before turning to face him again, "Why don't you join us for the dinner tonight?"