Chapter 7

Sinners and Saints

Five showers within less than twelves hours would surely wash away the entirety of the bayou away from Lola, however, she felt like a sixth one was necessary. Lola feels satisfied as she wraps a towel around herself, feeling less swamp than she did beforehand.

Lola opens up the mirrored cabinet within the bathroom to take her daily pre-natal vitamins that Adrianna nags her to take. Knowing if she doesn't, she'll get yet another lecture from Adrianna that they're important. Yet, Lola would always argue back that in the eras they were both human, they didn't even exist.

When Lola closes the cabinet, she jumps when she sees Klaus standing behind her. She drops the bottle of vitamins which Klaus grabs before they fall to the floor with ease, with a smug grin he closes the gap between him and Lola, putting the vitamins onto the side. His hand presses against Lola's waist, sending shives up her spine. He faces Lola fully once more, his hands running through her honey coloured hair and pressing his lips against hers, he smiles when he can feel Lola's broad smile against his.

Lola pulls away from him, lightly hitting him against the chest, "You promised you would stop with the hovering."

Klaus shrugs as he follows Lola out of the bathroom into their bedroom, "Is it wrong that I just wish to be close by you as much as possible?"

Lola turns back to face him with a teasing grin, "When you are watching everything I do like a hawk, then yes." Klaus wraps his arms around Lola's waist from behind and begins leaving soft pecks against her shoulder blade, up towards her neck. Lola smiles as she wraps her arms around Klaus' on her waist, "What's got you in such a good mood?"

"As side from the fact you're here?" Klaus turns Lola round to face him fully as he wears a devilish smirk, "I'm going to make sure that Elijah comes home to us today."

Lola's eyes brighten up, "Really?"

"Whatever it takes." Klaus places a kiss against Lola's forehead before he leaves their bedroom, giving Lola one last smile at the doorway before leaving.

Lola is unable to wipe away the dumbstruck grin as she gets ready for whatever is going to happen today. As she walks back into her bedroom, she frowns slightly when she notices that Elena is calling her, thinking this is not what she was expecting to happen today.

A smug expression appears on Lola's face when she answers, "Elena, if this is some plea for me to unblock Damon, I'm sorry but you've just wasted your time. And yes before you ask, I did save your number. Let's just say I'm still in that okay-ish mood."

She hears Damon sigh on the phone, "Lo, it's me."

"Hello, brother." Lola drawls out as she lays down on the bed, "Calling to beg me to unblock you I take it? It's annoying isn't it?"

"Lo, please." Damon's voice breaks slightly, "This is serious."

Lola frowns as she sits up, "What's going on? Is it Stefan?"

"Bonnie's dead. She wasn't really with her mom all summer, she had Jeremy lie to us all because she didn't want to upset anyone."

"How did it happen?"

"Bringing Jeremy back to life was too much for her. Jeremy is still able to speak to her with him slowly building up a list of ghost girlfriends."