Chapter 27: Trouble With Management

Začať od začiatku

   Zayn didn't notice, he had gone.

**

*Zayn*

"You know me and Harry could never get together, even if we had real feelings for each other, but he doesn't actually love me!" I couldn't get Jenan's voice out of my head. I stewed over that sentence whilst finishing three cigarettes. I really should quit smoking.
   What the hell did she mean? Does she love Harry but think that he doesn't really love her? Does she want to be with him but can't because of the differences? Or didn't she love him in the first place?
   I started to get a headache. And if this continued, it will turn into a heartache! Uh, knowing that I love her sucks!
   I heard the door of the balcony opening behind me. For a second, I thought it was Jenan but Liam, who then appeared beside me, proved me wrong.
   "Daddy's here, huh?" I asked with a hint of bitterness in my voice. I had seen his face and knew he wasn't here to talk about the weather.
   Liam shrugged and stared down the balcony for a while. Then, he raised his voice to speak: "I saw her crying."
   I closed my eyes and felt the heavyness of his words. I had made her cry, and for that, I could have stabbed myself.
   "What happened?" he asked and in short sentences I told him about the conflict because of Harry. More or less.
   Nothing but silence faced me after I finished. Sometimes I wished I could read people's minds, specially now.
   "Is there something else I should know?" he finally asked and looked at me. I knew what he wanted to hear and at first I wasn't willing to give it to him. I tried to imagine his reaction and asked myself if then I am supposed to tell it to the other lads. After a lot of hither and thither I murmured: "You were right. I fell in love with her."
   What did I expect? A surprised expression on his face? Not from Liam. He just smiled at me seeming happy. "Finally you noticed!" he then grinned.
   "Was it always that obvious?" I asked with the hint of a smile and Liam nodded slowly.
   "Er, it is kinda complicated. You love her, Harry loves her.. but who does she love?"
   I grimaced and turned away. "No one, likely." Needles stinging my heart? Probably.
    "I wouldn't be so sure about that."

**

*Jenan*  

"Forgive me."
   Who knew two simple words would propitiate me? But Zayn just breezed in my room with a poppy flower in his hand and a shy smile on his lips. He laid the flower infront of me on the bed and sat down.
   "Sure."
   Then he stayed. We talked about almost everything, except Harry. But spending that time with him was just.. awesome. I felt good and utterly happy; I had never expected a boy to be the reason for my happiness, but Zayn was and that was a thing I realised there, sitting infront of him on the bed, watching his moves, listening to his words and feeling butterflies in my stomach. What was happening to me?
   "So? What do you think?" Zayn looked at me with curiousity, pulling me out of my thoughts.
   "Huh?"
   "Didn't you listen?" he asked with a grin reaching his eyes. "I asked you if you would like to go on a spontaneous trip with me?"
   "Where?" I asked, my heart jumping by the thought of going somewhere with Zayn. It rarely happened as management didn't want us to go out alone in public but I couldn't care less about management. And Zayn seemed too.
   It took me half an hour to get ready. It wasn't like always; just taking the next-best thing out of the wardrobe, no. I took everything out and hysterically searched for something wearable. At last, I settled up for a black cardigan over a petrol blue top and a scarf in the same colour.
   In Zayn's car then, I kept thinking about our destination. I was curious but pestering him didn't help.
   "Please tell me!" I begged, but there was no use. The ride didn't take a long time, maybe ten minutes and then he parked the car somewhere. I looked around and spotted the London Eye a few metres away.
    "The London Eye?" I asked and unbuckled the seat beat. Zayn didn't answer but got out. He walked to my side of the car and opened the door for me. Hands, stop shaking please!

"The London Eye?" I repeated, but this time with a demanding undertone.
   Zayn grinned at me and shook his head. Do his eyes sparkle? It seems so.
   "Come with me." He whispered and looked at me in expectancy. I could just nod trance-like. From the corners of my eyes, I could see Zayn's hand darting into the direction of mine, as if he was going to grab my hand but in the last moment he stopped. "Let's go." He then added and turned around.
   We walked like 20 steps when we reached the side of the river Thames and Zayn pointed at that thing which connects the ground to a boat in a river. What do English people call it? A jetty? My mind was blank.
   I stopped wondering about the word and suddenly fell the scales falling from my eyes. "Aww, we're going on a boat trip!"