Chapter 18: A Lot Of Missed Calls

*Jenan*

   "Jenna, what happened?" was the first question Eleanor asked me as soon as I opened the door to the flat for her. I still hadn't assimilated the phone call between Harry and me when she knocked on the door.
   "Nothing." I lied, my voice shaking just as my whole body. Eleanor closed the door behind her and turned to me.
   "You look like you've just seen a ghost, don't fool me. What's the matter?"
    Clenching my fists, I exhaled. "Harry.."
    Eleanor slowly walked me to the couch, I was like paralysed. "What's with Harry? Is he okay?" a tone of worry crept into her voice.
   I quickly nodded. "He's alright." We reached the couch and El sat down beside me, holding my shoulders. "So, what happened?" she asked me again.
   Where should I begin? I sighed deeply and then told her everything. From the phone call about Natalia to the phone call a few minutes ago. When I reached to the part of what Harry yelled at me, I could feel El's hands tensing a little bit.
   I had to deal with disappointments from my friends before, but I felt that this was completely different. "I hate you.."
   No one ever had told me he hated me and now the first one to do so was one of my best friends? My eyes started burning and tears were formed.
   "Uhh, he is such a.. such a.." Eleanor narrowed her eyes and wringed her hands.
    The sound of my mobile rudely broke the silence. "It's Harry." I muttered, brushed a tear away and put the mobile on silent, throwing it beside me onto the couch.
   Eleanor sighed deeply. "I'm so sorry for you about what happened. I'm truly unable to explain it.. yes, since Harry's rise of fame he has changed but—"
   I wasn't paying close attention to what El was saying but when she suddenly stopped mid-sentence, I looked up at her. "What?"
   Her face became a little bit red as she looked at me. "Uh, never mind."
   "No, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention." I apologised and sniffed. "What did you say? Fame?" has she really used the word 'fame'? Probably not.
   "Fame? Haha, no." She said and looked away. "Tell me, what can I do to cheer you up?"
   "Nothing, El." I muttered, looking down at my hands. "I'm fine."
   "Yes, I see." She replied sarcastically.
    My stomach gave me a clue, and I looked up at El. "You could cook with me?"

**

   Actually, we ordered a pizza instead of cooking something by ourselves.
   "Won't you pick up, Jenna?" Eleanor asked me slowly and took a bite of the slice in her hand. "At least Zayn."
   I sighed deeply and threw a look onto the display of my mobile. This was the 7th time Zayn tried to call me and the other boys had earlier tried as well a lot of times. My mobile was on silent and I wouldn't pick up the phone. I had stopped myself from crying and the risk of starting again if I hear one of their voices was too high. "No, I can't talk to one of them now." I felt that I was sorta disappointed by all of them but I couldn't put my finger on the reason.
   "But Jenna, Zayn is probably—" El insisted but I cut her mid-sentence.
   "El! I can't, okay?" I said harshly, putting the half-eaten slice back into the carton. "And why  Zayn Zayn Zayn?! They all tried to reach me, not only him."
   Eleanor sighed and sternly placed my slice back into my hands. "Becauuuse" she drew out the word "Zayn is the most caring of the lads. I'm pretty sure he's quite down now because of what had happened."
   Removing a piece of olive from my slice, I rolled my eyes. "Well. I'm down because of what had happened too!"
   Eleanor pressed her lips together. "I know, silly-billy. But he also must be worried about you now. You are here, alone, and he's in America."
   "I'm not alone." I muttered with pizza in my mouth.
   Eleanor groaned. "Yes, but he doesn't know that I'm with you, does he?"
    "Okay Eleanor, I got it!" I said angrily and took a new slice.
    We completed eating in silence for a while till El spoke first. "I'm wondering why Louis hasn't called me yet." She said in a low voice and checked her phone.
   "How old is Harry?" I asked.
   El looked up at me as if I were some kind of monster with a third arm. Yes, I admit it: the question was really not at its place but it just came to my mind.
   "Amm.. he's 18. Why?"
   I shrugged my shoulders and replied. "Just asking."
   She only sighed and turned her attention to her mobile. My own phone started vibrating again and I groaned. "Who is it this time?" Eleanor asked, still staring at her phone.
   I threw a look at the display. "Oh, it's my mother!" quickly, I grabbed it and answered, standing up.
   "Hey Mama." I greeted my mother, cleared my throat and walked towards the stairs. "Jenna-darling, how are you?" she asked me and I walked up, into my room.