Chapter 30: The Second Love-Confession

A/N: finally ;)

   *Zayn*

   Back in England then, the jet lag hit us. Everyone was sleeping except me and Liam who was in the bathroom. I felt more than bored and sleepy and didn't know what to do.
    Jenan's laptop was standing on the cocktail table in front of me, so I flipped it open, finding it turned on. "Oh." I muttered when I saw the mentions of her Twitter account opened. The oh turned into a gasp when I read the uppermost tweets..
   @Dallas4eva you ruined the awards. just stay at home next time pls
   @ZaynisMINE Ugly girls like you don't deserve boys like Zayn!
   @PinkyRoz Do Zayn and us a favor and go kill yourself.
   @Ohlala2000 You're not worth him
   I quickly shut the laptop close and buried my face in the palms of my hand. "No, please not. Let this be not true. She doesn't deserve this.."  I wailed and seesawed back and forth, feeling a heavy stone on my heart. This was all my fault.
   I don't know for how long I stayed in that position, blaming everything on me, when I felt Liam's hand on my back: "Zayn? What happened?"
   I looked up at him and showed him the tweets. Unlike me, he read almost all of them and kept reading and scrolling silently. I couldn't bear to do the same so I just stared at my hands, feeling the pain in me.
   "This is bad." Liam lastly muttered, signed Jenan's Twitter off and closed the laptop. "But maybe we can stop this."
   "How?" my voice broke down. At least when I was dating Perrie it took a few weeks for the hate to start. And now I haven't even confessed Jenan my love for her and they already began bullying and hating on her.
   "How about this?" Liam asked and held his phone in front of my nose. I could read his newest tweet

@Real_Liam_Payne Just as I start to like twitter again I see the nasty side of people who like to dislike somebdy we really like.She's like our little sister

   A lot of likes, I thought to myself. His tweet made me smile though and as soon as I realised the dimensions of his plan, I grabbed my phone as well. He gave me a nod and went upstairs to wake the boys up and tell them about the situation and his plan. I thought about my own tweet but waited till the other lads tweeted first. I wanted mine to be the last one.

@Louis_Tomlinson I wish people would take it easier on @JenanTareq she doesn't deserve the hate

@NiallOfficial sad to see one of the most lovely and warm-hearted persons I know being treated like this #StopTheHate

@Harry_Styles she never harmed anyone of you. Please stop hating on my best friend

I was very thankful for the support of the boys and how they showed the world their love for Jenan. But I didn't know how to express my feelings in only 140 characters. At the end I figured this out:

@zaynmalik you all should know that without her support I wouldn't be as strong as I am now. Thanks babe x @JenanTareq

   And that was simply the truth. She gave me comfort and strength. It has been a long time since I was stressed out and I noticed that since I know her, I find my work not as hard as I used to do. And she opened my eyes to a few important things in life for which I was too blind to see. I needed her.
   When I lastly saw the trends #WeAreSorry1D and #MakeJenanSmile, I was reminded of all of our good and lovely fans out there who would stick to us no matter what. It was a great feeling.
   I hauled myself out of the sofa and took the steps upstairs. My heart was racing and I was a little nervous about Jen's reaction. I knocked on the door of her room and started singing: "And you have always been the only one I wanted and I wanted you to know without you I can't face it.." I trailed off as she opened the door. She had her Hijab in a bun, wearing a polo neck sweater and looking just adorable as usual. She smiled up at me and whispered: "Everything About You."
   I nodded with a shy smile on my lips and scratched the back of my head when she added: "Thank you."
   "For what?"
   "For standing up to me against the haters. I saw your tweets." In her eyes I could see emotion and love. I wished it was love for me.
   But how could I find out?