Chapter 36: Seven Kilometres

Before we start, I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments on the previous chapter :) some of you were real close and the secret of Zayn's plan will be revealed soon :D

*Jenan*

   The weekend flew by and I had a strange feeling inside of me as I farewelled the boys. They wanted to drive to the airport with me but I strictly refused; it would only create a fuss and I was glad the fans haven't found out I was with the boys in the first place. I already knew they hated me because of what I did to Zayn.
   Although Zayn never explained his sadness and suffering, people added one plus one and realised that I must be the reason behind it all. It was even very obvious: I disappear and Zayn starts depressing.
   "Don't forget to call me, okay?" Emily said in the middle of her hug and I nodded. She was the last one I had to say goodbye to and I felt the need to flee out of the house before the emotions could break down onto me and bury me under them.
   "Promise." I whispered and then I found myself in the plane. I had no memories about how I left the flat, entered the van, went into the airport and checked in. It was just that suddenly I felt aware again as I was staring at the London skyline for the expected last time. My thoughts flew (as it has become a bad habit) around Zayn and how he ran away from seeing me. And I just couldn't accept the fact that soon he would be no longer playing any role in my life. Time would pass by, the boys will forget about our friendship and move on. Simple and hurtful for me.
   As soon as I entered my father's car, he gave me a tight hug as if I had been away 2 months rather than 2 days. Something was strange about his behaviour, I noticed that straightaway. He was looking at me kind of.. enthusiastic. And there was a strange glance in his eyes.
   The first thing I did when we reached our flat was to hide in my room. My father was acting weird and I was sorta worried about that fact. I prayed and then called Leesha to tell her I was back. Of course she demanded for details.
   As me, she was shocked about the fact Zayn hadn't been there.
   "Why did you even go there when you haven't seen your sweetheart?!" she moaned. My sweetheart.. hmm.
   I sighed and stroke over the bookcover of one of my favourite novels. "Let's talk about something else." I demanded and took a look out of my room. The scene outside frightened me even more: my father was reading a magazine.
   "My dad acts creepy." I whispered and entered my room again. "He spreads enthusiasm and reads magazines!"  my friend laughed instead of freaking out with me. "That's not funny, it's dangerous!"
   "Don't worry, I'm sure he has a good reason to do that."
   Why did her words leave me suspicious? Did she know something I didn't? But what relation could there be between my father and one of my best friends?
   What was going on?!

**

   Two days later, my father dropped the bomb.
   "What?!" I almost squealed and looked at him in shock.
   "What. About. Completing. School. In. England?" he stressed every single word as he repeated himself. My heart screamed YES! But my mind wasn't believing my ears.
   "Dad, are you okay?" I asked and raised one of my eyebrows.
   My father smiled and said: "I'm totally aware of my words and I personally think it is a perfect idea. Somehow I realised your place isn't here anymore. It's in England."
   "What do you mean with 'my place isn't here anymore'?" I inquired and already mentally started packing my bags. But that was impossible, I couldn't just leave out of the blue.
   "You are not happy here anymore. And I know you don't like education here." My father said and leaned backwards. "You've become used to England and you have a lot of friends there. I bet it would be perfect for you."
   "I – I can't live there.." forever? Oh God.
   "Why not?" he asked softly and looked at me closely.
   Because I'm in love with one of the boys I had been living with, and he loves me too but that's not the problem, the problem is I can't say yes to him, if you saw him you'd get a heart attack and lock me up in my room, although I deadly wish I could be with him I know it can only happen if he proposes to me but that's impossible, he's free and famous and he would never bind himself to an uptight block like me, he loves me too less for that..

"I simply can't." I just whispered and looked away. These days I was always near to tears and I hated that.
   "You can." My father said with a sheer unbelievable confidence and a smile which made me even more worried. There was something behind that smile which I didn't know. "Whatever was standing in your way, I'm sure it's gone now." Then, before any inquiries from my side, he stood up. "Think about it. And let your heart speak too." He rumpled up my hair and then walked out of the room, leaving me confused and speechless.

   Kassatt tried to analyse the situation with me but it was complicated. We didn't have a clue about what was going on and Kas said that time would tell. I ended the call with an uneasy feeling.
   One week passed where I watched every step and action of my father closely. He still had that happy aura around him but instead of that I couldn't find out another thing. The final exams of the first term started and soon my current problem faded from the spotlight. I spent my days over my books and the exams took everything out of me. After writing the word on my last test (a stupid History paper where I had difficulties in answering), I felt like I could sleep for a whole week.
   All of my friends had planned to meet up at McDonald't but I didn't join the group. Since England, I tended to exclude myself. Whyever.
   So I was standing in front of the school building, taking a close look at it whilst listening to the beep beep beeps. Soon, my father picked up. I asked him to come and drive me home but he laughed (laughed!) and said he couldn't, he was in an urgent meeting and I had to go by taxi.
   Moaning and groaning, I agreed. There was no other choice.
   I stayed with a few of my friends outside for a while, but soon they took wings and I was left alone. I walked a few metres, intending to catch a taxi and dived into my pockets to get some money out when I remembered that I had left it on the coffee table.
   I felt like cursing but I didn't.
   No money meant no taxi. No taxi meant I had to go on foot. 7 kilometres. On foot!
   The day was just getting worse.
   A loooong time later, I finally arrived home. I put the key into its hole and thought about how tired and bad-tempered I was. My feet hurt and felt boiling hot in my converse (the sun had  a lot of fun shining down right onto me during my 7 kilometres), my head felt like in an oven, my clothes was sticking onto me, my eyes were heavy from being tired and I just felt like a complete mess.
   Imagine Zayn seeing you like that, I thought and opened the door. You would die out of shame.
   I didn't waste time looking around, threw the key away and pulled my shoes off my feet. "Ahhh.." I sighed and leaned against the door with closed eyes.
   A slight cough made me startle and I jumped off the ground, looking terrified around me.
   "Hey, Jen."

__________________

This is a cliff-hanger, right? I'm sorry about that :D share your lovely thoughts! :) x