Chapter 25: The Truth II

*Jenan*

   "See ya later." Zayn said and ran with his fingers through his hair. He was standing beside the door of the flat, surrounded by his friends, aka bandmates. They had told me they were going to work and through (my newly activated) Google Alert I knew they actually were on their way to a 1D signing. It was only two days ago when they returned from Sweden and I didn't expect a chance for my revenge that soon.

   "Ya, maybe not." I crossed my legs and put my book upside down beside me on the couch.

   "Huh?" was all the boys said and I widely grinned at them. I tried to make the grin appear enthusiastic and not.. gleeful.

   "Forgot to tell you," I started "but I've heard there will be a One Direction signing here in London so I decided to go there." Although my voice sounded normal and neutral, inside there was a firework of hysteria. I bored my nails into the palm of my right hand or else I would have burst into laughter by the sight of their faces. A few moments before my statement, they had all looked normal and cool but as soon as the words left my mouth and they started to realise what might happen, the expressions on their faces changed by 180 degrees. Harry and Liam stopped in the middle of their actions and freezed, staring at me in a slight shock. Louis and Niall looked at each other and Zayn (in the middle of it all) choked over the sip of water he was drinking. "What?" he squawked with his special accent.

   "I thought it would be cool to see and meet the boys for the first time." I replied, a little bit breathless.

  And then they all started talking at once:

   "You don't even have an album they could sign!"

   "How will you even get there??"

   "There will be a too big crowd of screaming fans!"

   "We could pass by them and get an autograph for you!"

   "Hey hey.." I said and raised both of my hands. "What's wrong with you??" I was satisfied with myself, my acting skills weren't that bad.

   "It's.. nothing." Zayn muttered and looked at the boys. I could see their minds thinking of a way to prevent me from going to the signing but a look at their faces worried me. Did they want to quit and tell me about everything in passing? I decided to help them this time and slowly added: "I know it's not really my thing. The crowd, meeting some celebrities I don't even know how they look like.."

   "Ya!" they all answered me in unison and I couldn't prevent myself from chuckling.

   "Okay," I uncrossed my legs. "Then I'd just like to take you up on your offer. I wanna have an autograph from every single one of the boys!"

   Innocent Niall sighed in relief and jumped the gun, saying: "Sure, that's not a problem at all!"

   The other lads gave him death glares... it for sure wasn't easy. Or else they had to fake the autographs by using false names. I was excited to see what they would do..

**

   "The crowd was too big, there was no way to get to the lads." Was their weak excuse. I acted all disappointed and sad, blaming them to have wasted a big opportunity for me. But it was time for my next stroke..

   Another perfect chance met me on the streets of London. I was out with Zayn, who wanted to take me to a bookstore, but I insisted on going by feet. He had put on a beanie and sunglasses and I kept pestering about it with doubt in my voice. Zayn was nervous and weakly explained himself.

   "Hey, doesn't this guy there look like you?" I suddenly asked him, with narrow eyes, pointing at a window of a music store, metres away.

   "Whe..?" the word stuck in his throat when he recognised himself on the poster. "No no, this isn't me of course." He quickly added.