Chapter 39: A Lot Of Things Going On

A/N: So this is chapter 39/40 ;( it feels like a lot of things are going on in this chappie, hope it's not too confusing :)
But let's start!

   *Jenan*

   After I said yes, everything happened quickly and at once.
   "So, you're going to marry Zayn, hm?" Harry had that talent to silently and suddenly appear. I missed that.
   "Yes." I said, closed my eyes and sighed with relief. The prospect of that started to appeal to me more and more.
   My parents congratulated me and seemed happy about my decision. With them, I decided to leave Egypt as soon as possible and register myself to a school in London. Zayn visited a few empty villas with me but I didn't want any of those swanky buildings. At last, we found a nice, cosy and modest house which we both totally fell in love with.
   "This is it." I told him and spread my arms, mentally hugging the atomsphere around me.
   "You're right." Zayn (my fiance, oh my God!!) said and came over to me. "This is it."
   At first, everything was awkward. Wearing my ring of engagement, choosing a house to live in.. but time after time, I got used to it.
   The most difficult parts were hiding everything from the media and folding up my tents in Egypt. Zayn avoided it to wear his ring to interviews and performances. My last day with my best friends was tearful and heart-breaking. The memory of it leaves me sad.
   "Don't ever forget me." Leesha had whispered into my shoulder.

   Soon after my arrival in England, it was Zayn's birthday. Him turning 20 years left me with a strange feeling. He was on the boarder of becoming a real man whereas I was still a teenager. The boys had arranged Zayn's party at the house of Zayn in London which he didn't use and was about to sell soon. They invited a large number of people and celebrities, and that was why I tried to stay in a quiet corner, avoiding the crowd. I must admit that I also used my position to eye every girl suspiciously and whenever one of them approached Zayn more than she should, I winced. After the maybe 9th time, I got angry with myself and scolded it for being so foolish. I trusted Zayn, so why boil my blood without any good reason? I didn't want to turn into one of those clingy 'girlfriends' who won't let their 'boyfriends' do anything. I had to give Zayn his space.
   When the party finally ended, I was glad to see that Zayn was completely sober. He hadn't touched a glass with alcohol and his resistance left my eyes a little watery. After all, I was glad it was all over and could finally get some rest in my bed and think about how to manage my new life.

   I had chosen the high school which Emily visited. It had a lot of foreign students and that made things easier. At first, my level was very low compared to the others. I still had that Egyptian way of studying, but soon I could adapt to my new life and my grades got better and better.
   But of course a few people from school knew me from the internet. I was the girl who made Zayn Malik depressed for a couple of months, that was an open secret.

   I still lived in the flat with the boys. Zayn and I would only move into the house after our marriage, and that was still two years ahead of me. But I was thinking about renting a flat for myself. I didn't want to bother the boys for such a long time.
   "Jenna, come on!" Niall whined and pulled my school book away from under my nose. "Can you take a break now?"
   I sighed and was about to say no when he talked first: "You've become so boring since you're going to school."
   That made me laugh hardly and at last I gave in, closed the book, took my jacket and said: "I'm ready."
   At Nando's, I met a few schoolmates who came over to talk to me and ask Niall for a photo. That has become like a routine for me whenever I go out with one of the lads, I'm always the one who's taking the pictures.
   When the months passed, my fame increased and sometimes when I was alone, people would recognise me and ask me for a photo as well. That was awkward but most of those people were really sweet. At least they are sweet now, as long as they didn't know I was Zayn Malik's fiancee.