Chapter 21 : Fear

Chapter 21: Fear

"What the hell is happening? I'm scared." Fina cried, her hands trembling.

"Who would do that to my cousin? Why? Landerh likes playing pranks but he's a good guy. He may be silly most of the time but he never offended nor did he hurt anyone." Criss' eyes are swollen from crying overnight.

"This is getting serious. People are dying inside our school and yet no one didn't even notice." Redge sighed.

"What surprises me is that our class didn't even get suspended." Gero chuckled.

Everyone was gathered inside the classroom. The girls are crying from fear and sorrow for what happened to their friend and classmate. The boys who are usually noisy and always bickering are as quiet as they've ever been. Even Jei who's always nosy and playful was quietly seated on his chair. Daive and JeMair are also behaving the same. It was the first time Nhissie had witnessed such an atmosphere inside the class Silang. Daive and Jei looked like they haven't got any sleep all night.

"Are we really going to die one by one? Is there really a curse cast upon us by Angela Pines?" Lia spoke, her voice shaking.

Rome held his girlfriend's hands. "Baby, don't believe such nonsense. Curses are fictional, they aren't real, okay?"

"Then how do you explain everything, Rome? If it wasn't some kind of curse, what is it? First, it was Miss Jinx, then Mike and now it's Landerh. We have no idea who will come next. If it's not a curse, then what is it? Who's killing us one by one?" Emi exclaimed, her tears threatening to fall as Thea hugged her.

"Girl, calm down," Thea whispered, trying her best to stay calm too.

"This is ridiculous." Aly slammed her hand on the desk. "I can't take this anymore!"

"Aly..." Gero quickly went to check on her. "Are you okay?"

"No, Gero. I'm not okay."

"Aly,"

"Guys, calm down. It's not the time for us to panic. We need to think and figure out everything to help the authorities with the investigation." Daive, as usual, stood up to calm everyone down.

"Really, Daive? We know you're always calm but seriously?" Faye crossed her arms. "Our research teacher and two of our classmates are dead and you're telling us to calm down?"

"Faye, don't yell at Daive. He's just concerned about us. Besides he's right, it's not the time to panic." Marga tried to stand in the middle.

Faye glared at her. "Mind your own business, Marga. You don't usually open your mouth, so keep them shut, okay?" She then rolled her eyes causing the other to sit down embarrassed.

"Faye, will you stop? It's not the time to argue. Don't be rude to Marga." Charlotte said too.

Faye crossed her arm. "So? Now, you're all ganging up against me? I'm just stating the obvious fact that someone or something is killing us and asking me to calm down, isn't it a little insensitive? I don't believe that you all are calm right now."

"Faye, it's not like that." Aly sighed.

"Should we just stay quiet then until someone dies again, huh? Who knows who will come next?" Faye scoffed and glared at everyone with a smirk. "Let's see if you all can still be calm if it's your time to die. You can keep ganging up on me but I won't even shed a single tear if one of you dies next."

"Faye! Stop it talking like there isn't a chance that you're gonna be next."

"What did you just say, Dhee Jei?"