Chapter 10 : The Sketch

Chapter 10: The Sketch

Everyone seemed to be in their own world. Talking, laughing and joking around. Nhissie was just sitting on her seat, feeling confused. Just last time they were arguing about who might have killed their research teacher but now just like what happened to Angela Pines, they all seemed to have moved on so quickly. They don't even seem to remember it at all despite the incident occurring inside the school. It's their teacher who died for somebody's sake!

Nhissie couldn't explain what she's feeling while watching them. She wanted to believe Launce that it was just their way of coping up with what happened. That their actions were just a mere defense mechanism but she can't get rid of the feeling that something sinister is hiding behind these innocent looking students.

"Hey, Jei, come with me at the student council office." Daive's voice echoed from the front door.

"Why?" Dhee Jei asked. "Are there pretty girls there?"

Daive smiled and shook his head. "We're short of people. There's a lot of materials we have to distribute, we need some help." He explained.

"Alright, coming! You know how I can never refuse you." Jei jumped out of his sit and went together with Daive.

Nhissie could only follow his back with her eyes. She sighed and shook her head. Outside, they really look just like any other students but why can't she get rid of her suspicions towards them?

"Hey, Gale, want to come with us later?" Nhissie quickly smiled when she heard Fina's voice.

"Hmm? Where to?" She asked.

"Well, it's Criss' birthday and we're planning to celebrate at the nearest resort after class." Emi responded.

"The boys will come with us too, so we're safe." Lia whispered with a wink.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I'm not use to those kinds of things." Nhissie politely refused. She has some investigation to do and has got no time to waste.

"Come on, Gale. It will also be a welcome party for you." Thea pouted, slightly tugging on her uniform.

"The whole class is going. Please, Gale?" Fina gave her a puppy eyes.

"Wait, the boys are going to?" Faye asked.

Both Fina and Criss nodded. "Yeah."

"We invited them first." Emi giggled.

"Then I'm not going." Charlotte stood up and took her bag.

"Come on, Laz, you already said yes earlier." Marga held her hand to stop her, perking her lips with a puppy eyes.

Charlotte sighed. "But you didn't tell me all details. I don't wanna go if Daive and JeMair are going." She stated.

"Don't worry, I'm not going so you can go." Everyone turned to the door when JeMair spoke, Nhissie was confused.

Charlotte rolled her eyes and sigh. "I'm not going either way so don't act all hero."

JeMair walked inside with his hands inside his pockets. "You already said yes, don't leave them hanging. If your worried about Daive, him and Jei will come late. You can leave once they come."

"Then, let's do it like this." Marga smiled and stood up. "Gale and Laz will go. If you can't stay long, I can drive you guys home. How's that?"

"That sounds like a deal, right?" Criss seconded.