Chapter 8 : The Mysterious Sender

Chapter 8: The Mysterious Sender

"This isn't just a simple murder case, partner. That teacher's skull was crashed." Launce said as he slammed his butt on the chair.

"Did you find anything? Something that might give us a lead to whoever did it?" Nhissie sat on the table.

"Nothing. We'll try to find fingerprints but the forensics already told us it be impossible as the place was clean. Only the blood from the victim was there." Launce explained.

"Then, do we have a suspect?"

"None. The CCTV was clear inside and outside the building." Launce responded. "But..."

Nhissie looked at him. "But? What?"

"I was the one in-charge of the CCTV from inside the faculty office and I saw something." Launce couldn't hide his smirk.

Nhissie furrowed her brows. "What? What's with that smirk?"

"Partner, can I ask why you were hugging a high school student inside the faculty office?" Launce raised his brow.

Her eyes widen. "Don't like maliciously. I didn't hug him, he hugged me. Also, he did that because he thought I'm a kid who will have nightmares upon seeing a corpse." Nhissie reasoned.

"Alright. I was just teasing, no need to become defensive."

"Who's defensive? I was just explaining."

"Alright, alright."

"Launce!"

"What?"

"Stop it, he's a kid."

Launce laughed. "I didn't say anything. Like I said, I was just asking."

Nhissie could only roll her eyes and sigh. "But seriously, Launce, I got another letter."

"Another letter?"

"Yes."

Launce turned serious as he sat up properly. "What did it say?"

Nhissie took out the letter and handed it to him. "The letter said Stay away. What do you think? Does it have to do with the case?"

Launce took a deep breath. "The most important question is, who's sending them. Is it the same guy wo sent the first letter? And why did he send it at the school?"

"No, he didn't leave it like last time. I found it sticking on my shoes." She explained.

"What? Then maybe they're not related. It could just be a normal piece of paper and the words doesn't mean anything."

"No, I don't think so."
"Does that mean that mysterious sender went near you?"

"Maybe?"

"Could it be one of the students in class Silang? I mean, they were the only people around you aside from Mister Joles and that dead research teacher, right?" Launce suggestion makes sense but who?

Nhissie doesn't know. It might be one of the students but finding out who was it wouldn't be easy. As for now, her sole focus to find out who was behind Miss Jinx murder. She could suspect Mike as they had an argument before the crime took place but there was no evidence. No fingerprints, no CCTV. She glanced at the clock and it's almost five-forty, that means she had to prepare for school again in a few minutes.

Ding! Dong!

Nhissie and Launce looked at each other before they rushed to the door and opened it. Just like the last time, they came across nothing when they opened the door, there was no one but a piece of paper. The two gave each other a glance before Launce pick it up. Nhissie looked around one more time before closing the door behind.

"What does it say?" She asked.

"Don't involve yourself if you want to survive. Leave now while you still can." Launce read.

"Come on, let's check the CCTV." Nhissie suggested but just like the first time, they couldn't see who it was. The mysterious sender was wearing the same outfit as before.

Nhissie and Launce could only sigh. Nhissie glanced at the clock again and she's gonna be late if she doesn't move. She sent her partner to the office to investigate more about the research teacher's case while she prepared for school.

In the classroom, everyone was extra silent. JeMair was sitting on his chair with his head on his table. Daive had been busy running from classroom to classroom helping the other teachers out. Thea, Marga, Emi and Lia are busy doing their make-ups. Fina and Criss are whispering at each other, probably talking about the previous incident.

"Hey, do you think Mike did it?" Gero asked.

"It's not the time to joke around, Gero." Charlotte scolded him.

"I'm not joking, he argues with Miss Joles then he didn't come back to class." Gero argues.

"Mike has always been calm he wouldn't do such thing." Redge added.

"Maybe he just kept it all inside and when he couldn't suppress his feeling anymore, he killed Miss Joles. That's possible, right?" Landerh suggested.

"Stop talking like you know him." JeMair who was sitting earlier was now standing up glaring at Landerh.

"What? Am I wrong, JeMair? Mike's the most likely suspect here. He was the one who argued with-oh!" Landerh's sentence was cut by JeMair's fist landing on his face.

"I said stop talking about Mike like you know him. Talk bullshit again and I'll make sure you won't be using your pretty lips ever." JeMair threatened before leaving the classroom.

Paul and Redge helped him to get up. Landerh could only wipe the blood on his lips. Nhissie could only watch and observe. She glanced at the clock and it's almost lunch time. She took the lunchbox from her bag and went out of the room. She looked around and found JeMair sitting under one of the trees near the field. Nhissie took a deep breath before approaching him.

"Here." She handed the box.

JeMair looked up at her. "What?"

"I wasn't able to return it the other day because of what happened." Nhissie smiled.

JeMair took the lunchbox and placed it beside him. "Hmm..."

"Ahm, would it be alright if I sit next to you?"

JeMair shrugged. "You're a little stubborn, you won't leave even if I say no."

"Well, you quite know me." Nhissie smiled at she sat down.

They both sat in silent. Neither is saying a word. JeMair was looking far away while Nhissie was just obserbing, waiting for someone to break the silence.

"Hey, transferee." After a long while, JeMair called her. "What happened back there..."

Nhissie turned to him when he hesitated. "What is it?"

"What happened back there...at the faculty..." JeMair swallowed. "Forget about it."

"Why?"

"Don't ask anymore. Just forget everything and act like it didn't happen."

"Is that what you're gonna do?"

JeMair shook his head and gave her a fake smile. "Don't think about me, just think about yourself." He took the lunchbox and stood up.

"Wait, JeMair!" Nhissie quickly stood up and help his hand to stop him from leaving.

"What?"

"If you needed someone to talk to, I'm here." She sincerely uttered.

JeMair carely took his hand back. "Be careful with what you tell me, transferee, I fall in love easily. If you kept acting soft towards me, I might fall for you." Nhissie was once against caught off guard by his words.

She watched as JeMair walk away from her direction, unable to say a word. She knew there's no way her heart should be pounding hard because of a high school kid but strangely, it is. Her heart's racing rapidly once again and that's all because of JeMair Anon.