Chapter 1 : The Train

Chapter 1: The Train

It was already past six and everything was surrounded in darkness. There're not much people around since most have already gone home. A girl waiting for the train immediately got up as soon as the train arrived. There aren't many people inside the train except for an old lady on her right, a couple being all lovey-dovey at the corner and the three people sitting across the exit which is opposite to her. Being too tired, she decided to sit wherever and ended up sitting in front of the nearest three people.

She looked at her watch to check the time but when she looked up, she noticed that the woman sitting across her has been staring at her the whole time she was sitting. The woman was sitting between the two men who are looking down.

"Gosh. What's wrong with her?" Since the girl was tired, she decided to just ignore her and looked away, but the woman just won't break eye contact. She was just staring and it's starting to get her freaked out.

Thankfully, at the next stop, a new passenger got in. It was a handsome young man, averaged in height and dress in a black leather jacket. He sat down next to the girl and his sweet scent gave the girl a comfort for a little while that didn't last long.

No matter how hard she tried to get her mind off the woman in front of her, she just couldn't. The woman just kept staring at her, she was getting more and more creeped out. The woman just kept staring but the two men didn't ever glance at her, not even once. She pretended not to care and just played with her phone but every time she secretly glance at the strange woman, she's still staring.

When the train was pulling into the next stop, the man in a leather jacket stood up to leave. He looked down at the girl and at the woman.

"Hey, come with me." Suddenly, he grabbed the girl's arm tightly and as the doors opened, he dragged her off the train.

"Let me go! Let me go! Somebody, help me!" The girl screamed for help but the man didn't even bulge.

He watched as the subway door shut and the train pulled off without taking his eyes off of the three people...or maybe two who are sitting motionlessly. He only looked away when he could no longer see the train, then he looked at the girl who was continuously crying for help.

"Hey, calm down." He said as he let go of her. "I just saved your life, you know?"

"What? W-What do you mean?" The girl asked, trembling.

"I'm detective Launce Tales of Seantro Metropolitan Police." He showed him her badge. "Look, I didn't mean to scare you but I have to get you off that train." He sighed.

"Why?" The girl asked.

"The woman sitting across us was dead and the two men beside her were propping her up to make her look like sitting." Launce explained.

The girl fell on her knees, covering her mouth. "Oh my God..."

"I'm here to catch them. My partner is waiting at the end of the stop, so you don't have to be afraid anymore." He assured her.

Tears just kept falling from the girl's eyes. Both from fear and relief. Launce stayed with her until her parents arrived to pick her up. Not long after, he received a phone call from a familiar number.

"Launce, we got 'em. Where are you?" A girl's voice echoed on the other side of the line.

"Great job, Nhissie. I'm on my way there now." He started walking towards his car after hanging up the phone.