Chapter 18 : Lander Parr

Chapter 18: Landerh Parr

The whole afternoon class was vacant since all the teachers are busy preparing for the incoming founding anniversary of Reid Monte High School. The whole class Silang did their usual things. Chatting, laughing, teasing each other while some are doing assignments and unpassed activities. Nhissie stayed at the student council office to help Daive with his tasks. JeMair stayed seated on his chair, playing with his phone since he can't move much due to his wounds that he tried his best to hide.

"Hey, vice. Have you seen Landerh? We've been lookin' for him since earlier." Gero and Alwyn approached him.

JeMair put his phone down and shook his head. "No. Why?"

"Well, we're supposed to help Daive with his work but we couldn't find him since lunch break." Alwyn said.

"Since lunch break?" JeMair furrowed his brows, the two boys nodded.

"Yeah. He said he just needed to meet someone and then he'll come back but it's already been a while." Gero twitched his lips.

"Maybe he was at the swimming hall practicing like he always does." JeMair uttered.

"We already went there. He wasn't at the swimming hall." Alwyn shook his head.

"Hey! You, guys are also looking for Landerh?" JeMair, Gero and Alwyn turned to Fina and Criss Tinn.

"Yeah." The two nodded in unison.

"Were supposed to help Daive at the student council office." Alwyn voiced out.

Gero nodded in agreement. "We went to run some errand according to Daive's instructions. Landerh told us he would follow after meeting with someone but he didn't show up."

"Well, I'm also looking for him. His mom asked me to tell him he must come home early since she's worried." Criss added.

"Worried? What do you mean?" Gero asked.

Criss Tinn shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know but auntie told me that Landerh has been acting strange lately."

"Who is he meeting? Did he tell you?" JeMair queried, the boys shook their head.

"He didn't say but he said it's urgent." Gero responded, putting his hand inside his pocket. "Oh, he also gave me this." Then he handed a piece of paper to JeMair.

"What's this?" JeMair creased his forehead.

"We didn't read it as to his request but he said it's really important. I just remembered it."

"Let's see what was written." Fina moved closer to see what was on the paper.

JeMair reluctantly unfolded it and read, "YOU FAILED TO SAVE HIM JUST LIKE YOUR POOR BEST FRIEND."

"Eh?"

"What kind of prank is he playing?" They commented with a giggle but JeMair's expression says the opposite.

"Was he preparing another prank that's why he is always outside or in his room?" Alwyn and Gero shook their heads while laughing because of Criss Tinn's words.

JeMair stood up causing the four to look at him. He doesn't want to overthink it but after seeing his friend's corpse that day, he couldn't help but feel worried and uneasy. Everyone knew that Landerh like playing pranks together with Dhee Jei but JeMair doesn't have a good feeling the moment he heard what Criss Tinn said. JeMair clearly remembers how Mike acted strangely days before he was killed. He remembered what happened earlier in the morning.