Chapter 7 : The Research Teacher's Death

Chapter 7: The Research Teacher's Death

Nhissie kept glancing at JeMair's direction. Did he not tell the class about what happened yesterday? She didn't sleep at all last night because she was worried that JeMair ratted her out. She was expecting everyone to confront her for rummaging against their things but nothing she expected happened.

When the first class ended, she tried approaching JeMair but he was busy talking with the others. "Wyn, will you join this time?" He asked one of his classmates.

Alwyn shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Paul, Renz and I have a game on that day. I'm the ace of the team, I can't be absent." He joked.

"Why don't you go instead, JeMair. You're the best racer after all." Dhee Jei joined the conversation as he sat down.

JeMair shook his head. "I can't. My dad would kill me if he finds out I'm on the track again."

"It's not like he could really kill you." Gero twitched his lips. 'You're the pride of class Silang when it comes to racing. We haven't been able to get a gold since you quit." He added.

"I don't know, whatever." JeMair said as he stood up to go back to his sit.

The other boys continued their conversation about games, racing and girls while JeMair focused on his book. Nhissie didn't had a chance to approach him since the research teacher, Miss Jinx, entered the classroom not long after. She looked strict. If Mister Joles was surrounded with positive and lively aura, Miss Jinx looked like that librarian at Monsters University.

"I'm quite disappointed with this class." That was her first sentence, not even a greeting.

Everyone looked down. "Is it still about the issue yesterday?" Nhissie thought. She looked around and everyone was silent. Even Daive and JeMair looked vulnerable.

"Did she really see us?"

"I hope not or we're doomed." Fina and Criss whispered to each other.

"Did Daive or JeMair said anything?" Landerh whispered too.

Both girls shook their heads. "No."

"Quiet!" The research teacher looked at them and then back to everyone. "You're the best class, the role model for everyone. Every one of you should be mindful of your actions. No one should see you doing something outrageous. Going at the club, is that proper student's act?" Her voice raised a little.

"But you went there too, why can't we? If a teacher who's supposed to be the student's role model could visit such place, why can't we? How do you expect us to act like perfect students, to always be obedient when it's you who acted improper in the first place, Miss Jinx?" Mike, the usually quiet student spoke as he stood up.

Miss Jinx's expression darkened. "Oh, so you think you're too smart, Mister Libra. Why don't you tell me the reason of your defensiveness, hmm?"

"I know you saw me, Miss. I won't deny it." Everyone turned their heads on Mike, they must have not expected it to be him.

"Omg! So, it was him not us." Fina whispered in relief but Criss looked worried.

"Denying it would mean nothing anyway, Mister Libra. What I wanted to know is why. Why are you at some kind of place?" Miss Jinx crossed her arms.

Mike looked away instead of answering. Fortunately, Miss Jinx didn't pursue more. She just threw one last glare at Mike before starting her lesson. Everyone was quiet the entire class. Miss Jinx also didn't ask any question and her way of teaching was already good and easy to understand so the class didn't have any further queries too. The teacher just gave a little assignment before leaving the class. The tension remained for a few second as everyone stayed on their seats. A few moments after, JeMair stood up.