Chapter 4 : The Class

Chapter 4: The Class

The warm ray from the sun was freely getting inside the empty room. It was just six in the morning but the sun has already risen up. The quiet classroom was filled with organized chairs and books, the board was as neat at the floor. All the shelves are neatly wiped and there's no single dust is visible.

"Daive, how's your weekend? I heard Marga went to your house." The quietness of the room was soon broken by Dhee Jei's usually loud voice. "Are you two dating, huh?" He asked as he elbowed his best friend.

"What are you talking about? Marga is friends with my sister, she went for her not me." Daive smiled warmly as they both entered the room.

"Oh, come on, bro. Who are you fooling? I'm not that dumb to nit notice how she looks at you every time." Dhee Jei kept teasing.

"Really? So, you're the one who kept looking at her? Now, don't tell me you're just testing?"

"What?" Dhee Jei did his best to hide his blushing face but that made Daive tease him more.

"Don't worry, Jei, she's pretty but she's not my type." Daive winked and Dhee Jei's grin grew wider.

The quiet room soon begun to be filled with laughter and stories as students arrived one after another. They sat down to their respective chairs as they continue to talk in different groups. Everyone is busy talking about what they did during the weekend and their plans on this week. The chatting only stopped when the class adviser, Mister Joles came in with a thick book and a bunch of index paper in his hands. Everyone sat down properly and faced the board. The man's strict appearance with make anyone cower but everyone in the class knew that behind that tiger look hides a kitten.

"Good morning! Good morning! Good morning! My favorite people of the world!" He greeted in a very lively and cheerful voice which made everyone smile.

"Good morning, sir." The class greeted back.

"Sir, you look extra cheerful today. Something happened?" Geronimo, one of the students ask.

The teacher smiled and placed the book on the table. "Well, Gero, you're extra curious today too." He joked making everyone laughed.

"But seriously, sir, did something happen?" Another one asked.

"Well, JeMair, since everyone is curious, I'm telling you now. We have a new student." Mister Joles gestured his hand to the direction of the door and a pretty girl slowly walked inside.

"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!" The boys cheered as she went to stand in front.

"Quiet, everyone." Mister Joles smiled. "Can you please introduce yourself to everyone, darling?"

The girl smiled and looked at everyone. "Hi, I'm Nhissie Gale Tales. You can call me Gale, I hope we can all be friends." She stated.

"Wow, you're so pretty and your name is cool. By the way, I'm Fina and this is my friend, Criss." An equally pretty girl said pointing at the short-haired girl sitting beside her.

"Hi." Nhissie smiled.

"I'm Aly, short for Alyssa." A boyish girl raised her hand and waved.

"I'm Laz and our class singer, Marga is my friend." A tall girl from the back pointed at the shorter one in front.

"I'm Marga." The cute girl smiled.

"Alright, alright. You can do the get-to-know each other later. For now, let's start our discussion." Mister Joles interrupted them. "As for you, Miss Tales, you can sit beside Miss Thea Pranz." A pretty girl raised her hand, indicating that she was the one being referred to.

Nhissie walked towards her and sat down. She looked around the classroom but nothing seemed unusual. Maybe the most unusual thing is that a twenty-five years old woman like her is sitting in a class with high school students aging from seventeen to nineteen. It's been a while since she graduated and it felt a little weird going back to school.

"Hi, I'm Thea. How are you?" The girl sitting beside her offered her hand.

Nhissie shook it and smiled. "I'm good, thanks."

"Lia and Emi wanted to ask you if you want to join them in cheerleading." Nhissie looked on her other side to where Thea was pointing.

Two pretty girls are smiling at her. "I'm Emi." Said the girl with a short her.

"I'm Lia." If innocence was person, Lia would be the best fit.

"Uh, I'm really bad at dancing, sorry." Nhissie shyly refused. It's not because she's a bad dancer because she was a ballerina before but she just doesn't want to divert her attention in anything.

"It's alright." Lia and Emi smiled and went back to listening.

Nhissie sighed and looked in front too. The class ended without her noticing something unusual. Everything seemed normal except that everyone is really smart and competitive. At lunch, she decided to roam around the school to check if anything is suspicious but just like the class, everything is normal. The school was quiet to be compared to other school especially the one she went to attend on her younger days.

She looked around to see if anyone was around before she headed to where Gela's body was found. The place was already clean but the yellow police line remained untouched. She walked closely and looked up to the rooftop. The building isn't that high but ground was concrete, anyone will surely die if they fall.

"Do you think it hurt when she fell?" Nhisshie's heart almost jumped out of her chest when someone suddenly spoke behind her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked when she saw that it was someone from the class earlier.

"I should be the one asking you that, shouldn't I?" He was looking at her but Nhissie felt he was looking through her.

"I got lost while roaming around." She lied, the boy just stared at her.

"Really?" He asked emiotionlessly. "Let's go, you're not suppose to be here." The boy grabbed her hand but she immediately backed away causing the boy to get confused.

"Why am I not supposed to be here?" Nhissie asked suspiciously.

"I'm Daive," he introduced himself. "Someone died here. The teachers said no one is to get close to the place especially class Silang." Daive sighed and placed his hands inside his pocket. "You're from our class, you shouldn't be seen here." He added.

"Someone died?" Nhissie pretended to be confused.

Daive looked at her but he immediately looked away. "Angela Pines." He went silent for a while before speaking again. "That's her name-"

"Hey, Daive. You're the class president, what are you two doing here?" The conversation was interrupted by another student from the same class, he was the class vice president, JeMair.

"We won't be long, Gale seemed to have been lost." Daive answered, JeMair looked at her.

"Let's go back. No one's supposed to be here." After that, JeMair turned his back and walked away.

Nhissie didn't have a choice but to follow them but she knew she has to go back there. She knew something was wrong. If it was indeed suicide, why forbid anyone from going near the place?