Chapter 14 : The Curse

Chapter 14: The Curse

The wind was blowing calmly. It was playing freely with Nhissie's hair. Despite the calm atmosphere, Nhissie couldn't help but worry that behind the seemingly peaceful day lies another terror. She couldn't figure out anything even if she stayed up all night staring at the glass board in her living room. All she had was the basic information of the class. Even if she's sure they're hiding something, she couldn't tell. Every time anyone brings up anything about Angela Pines, they, especially JeMair and Daive are quick to dismiss it. The curse they were talking about the other day, is there really a connection between all the deaths? She wanted to know but she knew they would never tell her if she asked. If she really wanted to know, she has to figure it out herself without anyone's help.

"Gale, you wanna go out and have some lunch? There's a newly opened restaurant nearby." Emi approached her with a smile.

"Come on, it's our treat." Lia followed.

Nhissie hesitated for a moment but she agreed. "Sure."

"Nice!" Both girls exclaimed happily.

Nhissie thought it would be a great opportunity to asked about the curse. She knew the restaurant isn't that far from the school since she passed by it when she was on her way to school. It was just a simple restaurant. The outside was simple with a variety of flowers beside the doorway. The windchime creating a calming yet eerie sound every time it touches the door. The brown welcome mat and the wooden chairs and tables created a back in the 90s vibe.

"My friend said the food here is amazing." Emi said as they sat down.

"That's great. I haven't had anything decent since the other day." Lia smiled.

"Good morning, gorgeous ladies." A server approached them with a friendly smile. "What can I get for you?"

"Hmm... I'll have a burger stake and pineapple juice, please." Emi said.

"Mine will be spaghetti and meatballs and mango float." Lia ordered then she turned to Nhissie. "What about you, Gale?"

"Anything is fine." Nhissie said. Emi and Lia even the waiter looked at her with an innocent expression. "What?"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to disappoint you but we don't serve something called anything." The server joked making Lia and Emi laughed.

"Alright, I'll have the same as Emi then." She said, scratching her head.

"Great, ladies if that's all. I'll bring your order in a sec." The server smiled and left.

The three sat down and waited. Nhissie was busy observing the place while Emi and Lia are fixing their lipstick like they're not about to eat and ruin it in a few moments. After a while their foods came and they started eating after thanking the server. While eating, Nhissie was getting ready to bring out the topic about the curse. She knew it's the best chance she had because once they went back to school, she wouldn't have the same opportunity again.

"Uhm, can I ask you something, girls?" Nhissie begun.

Emi and Lia nodded. "Yes, sure."

"I'm not sure if you'll be comfortable talking about it but I'm just curious about the curse you guys are talking about the other day." Nhissie said.

Emi and Lia looked at each other sighed. "To be honest, we don't like talking about it. Ever since that incident happened, we did our best to pretend it never happened at all." Emi whispered.