Chapter 9: Mr. Pigeon

Start from the beginning

Leaning over slightly, Adrien compliments Alya, "Wow, Alya", as Marinette ducks behind the bench, "those are some awesome designs. I didn't know you had such mad skills."

"Umm, thanks Adrien."  Alya thanks him for compliment, but turns to Marinette, "But I can't take the credit these sick designs belongs to Marinette. Off the chain, right?", as Marinette gives him a shy smile."

Adrien gives Marinette a smile, "You're super talented, Marinette. You seriously have a good chance of winning." Marinette stumbles over her words as Adrien gives a confused face and Alya smiles nervously at the girl. Then soon Adrien walked away.

Vanitas scoffs knowing Marinette is totally day dreaming and can't even control her own weakness for a handsome guy who happens to be his step-brother.

"You heard that? Adrien thinks your good enough to win!" Alya and Marinette start to squeal with joy.

"Did you hear how impress Adrien was with Marinette's desig--"

"Of course I heard! Heard her  win the contest as if! When Adrien and Vani sees my design they'll convince his father to award ME the winner!" Chloe pointed at herself before crossing her arms again and looked back at Marinette.

"I'm sure he will Chloe! Your a born champion! Your design will blow everyone else out of the water!" Sabrina prayed Chloe and Chloe liked to hear those words

"Yeah it will, as soon as I can get my hands on this sketchpad." Chloe boasted looking at Marinette's sketchpad.

You were walking pass Chloe and Sabrina while sketching in your book of three different designed Derby hats that you've drawn today. Sitting on the bench away from everyone and continued sketching.

You would go over to Marinette and Alya but you noticed that your big sister was starting to be more meaner and meaner to you, like yesterday when you asked her for a few fashion tips, she just shut you down a lot by keep saying 'I'm busy doing homework' or 'sorry but can't talk right now. Your wasting my time right now.'

Not only that, she also rolled her eyes or even called you 'a big stupid dumb sister' or even 'crybaby sister'. It gave you a hint then that Marinette doesn't see you as her little sister or a family anymore and yet you couldn't stop seeing her as blood.

You felt like you really are just a fragile naive silly little girl dreaming that one day you'll move out from Paris and live in a quiet peaceful country.

You sighed while sketching until you saw a shadow hovering above you and turn to looked up to see Vanitas himself  smiling charmingly and it just made you blushed pink. "O-oh why hello Vanitas..."

"Hello, my luv." Vanitas sits next to you and looked at your sketch "What design your going with? Out of all people none of them seems to like me during the photoshoot."

"That's not true. They just judge from a books cover...and also...my hat design." You shown him a sketch of a derby hat with wisteria flower design, with diamonds and with bows. "They seem to be hard to make, but at least I had to make it work."

Vanitas gently takes the sketch book and looks at the designed derby hats and seem impressed, more impressed than Adrein with Marinette's design. He's pretty sure that Mari really doesn't even like Vanitas one bit and he knows that.

Such a brat she is.

"Paris is such an inspiring place, though I wish they express more details to it." You shuttered as you saw Vanitas admired your hard work.

"I think your idea's are very breath taking, I'm certain you'll do you best even if you didn't win or lose. You'll still have fun creating what you draw to make it happen."