Chapter 10

Gumball wasn't a very touchy feely person but when he likes someone he tends to fall hard. He liked Dray, he admits that. But he still doesn't know how to act in this relationship of theirs. When they're together he gets embarrassed but that makes it easier to just act ... Normal. At least the two were less awkward in this relationship that they were when they were strangers.

There he was in class not paying attention at all. He never does anyway. Even he doesn't understand how he made it to the 11th grade but he wasn't complaining. As soon as the teacher left the classroom everyone gathered up in their groups. It'll be lunch in ten minutes so everyone was killing time. Darwin looked back at the seat behind him. "Hey Gumball wanna come to the mall with me and Carrie?" Gumball look at his best friend " you're inviting me to third wheel around on your date?" He asked. "Oh come on we'll be hanging out together as friends." Darwin whined. "Ok fine. I'll - I'll invite someone " gumball said his voice slowly turning into a whisper. " who?" The two asked in unison.

"Hey Gumball!" Gumball looked at the door to see Dray there. He packed his stuff and got up. " I'll see you guys after lunch" he left with Dray. They walked down the hallway. Dray put an arm around Gumball's shoulder. "You gonna buy me lunch?" Gumball said slyly. "Fine Whatever. You eat a lot for such a skinny person." Gumball ignored him. "Do you want to come with me to the mall today? " Dray dramatically gasped. " Gumball! ... Are you asking me out on a date? We've been dating for a month now and you've never done that before! I'm pretty sure I was dragging you all over the place! I don't even think we look like we're dating".

" what did you expect? For us to stroll down the school halls hand in hand while looking at each other with heart shaped eyes? I don't think so, you're a senior and I'm a grade below you so we barely see each other in school." Gumball continues. " if others found out, I'd be dealing with people like Leslie up my ass!" He grumbled. " Are you trying to hide it? " Dray sounded serious and Gumball noticed. "Naaah! Why would I do that? Now let's go and have some food" Gumball grabbed Drays hand and pulled him into the cafeteria, Dray couldn't help but chuckle.

Later that day Gumball, Darwin and Carrie were at the bus stop waiting for gumball's late "date". Finally Dray was dropped off by Clare in front of the bus stop. "Thanks Clare" Clare smirked in the driver's seat " have fun on your date!! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" She was just teasing but got a reaction that she wasn't expecting from the taller boy. "I'm not making any promises... Who knows what'll happen!" Dray got off the car leaving Clare concerned. ' they're going to the mall, there's going to be people, nothing is going to happen.... Right?' She thought.

Darwin saw Dray walk up to them. "You invited him?" He elbows gumball to get his attention. "Yeah is that a problem? Cuz I don't want to be third wheel!" Darwin rolled his eyes. "Would you stop worrying. I said we're just going to hang out as 'friends' ." Gumball then rolled his eyes also. Everyone in school knows how open Darwin and Carrie were. They're always up in each others space, like if they separated they might die. Dray stood there next to Carrie as they both looked at their boyfriends bicker. They soon left on the bus that took them to the mall.

The whole ride there Dray hasn't looked away from Gumball. He was invited to go to the mall with these three but what he wanted is to steal Gumball away for himself. Would Gumball mind? Dray didn't care. His stare was so intense that Gumball felt chills run up his spine. He turned but since Dray was wearing shades, he wasn't sure if Dray was looking at him or not. They got off the bus and walked to the mall but still, Gumball felt the chill again. He turned again and Dray was right behind him. " Is there something on my face or do you just like looking at me?". Gumball cringed . " are you always going to keep saying cheesy lines like that?" Dray smirked. He put an arm around Gumball's shoulder and made him turn away from Darwin and Carrie. " If you didn't like them then you should stop blushing every time I say them" he whispered in Gumball's ear making him realize that he was blushing.

"Is it just me or are we the ones third wheeling here?" Carrie noticed. Darwin just laughed. "Oh don't be ridiculous, let's just go in " he pulled her by the hand and they followed behind gumball and Dray.

*Author's Note*

Wassup my dear readers. This story is nearing its end and I want to end it in a bang. So the important question here is how do you want it to end. I was thinking about the genre of this story and its been cute, fluffy and normal? 

Do you guys want me to keep it like this till its end... or.... a very big OR.... Do you want me to add some spice. You know , to spice things up a little? 

Tell me your wishes and I'll grant them, I hope. Thank god there's a few of you here, if there were more I don't know how I'd manage.