Chapter 6

' something feels weird. This bed wasn't so hard and .... lumpy. And something is playing with my ears.' Gumball thought, he began to wake up. As he slowly opened his eyes he realised that he isn't sleeping on the bed, he's sleeping on top of something else and that "something" is breathing, has a heartbeat and is playing with his ears. He shot up fast to see who it was then soon saw that Hotdog Guy was laying there with a shocked face. Gumball covered his ears and hissed at him. "What the heck are you doing?! Wha - how did you...? WHY??!" Gumball didn't know what to ask first so everything came out all at once. Dray sat up on the bed and looked at Gumball. He wanted to answer but he couldn't come up with anything that didn't sound creepy so he ended up just saying " I ... Don't know!" Gumball grunted. "What do you mean you don't know? And don't go touching a person's ears in their sleep dude that's just weird." Dray continued to stare at Gumball. "You're right, I apologise." He wasn't paying attention and he wasn't actually sorry. Gumball's cat features were so adorable that Dray couldn't possibly feel bad. He wanted to touch him more. "Why are you looking at me like that? " Gumball asked as he crossed his legs on the bed to get more comfortable. He saw Dray extending a hand to touch his ears again but gumball quickly covered them again and smacked Dray's hand with his tail. Dray held his smacked hand and looked up at gumball. ' did he just smack me with his tail? It's so soft.' he thought.

Dray couldn't do this anymore. Bottling up everything he felt sometimes could be challenging, especially when gumball is like this right now. Bottling what exactly? Only Dray knew. Yeah sometimes he let it slip when he hangs out with Gumball but it's not like anyone noticed. And at that very moment in the nurses office Dray felt like he's about to let it slip big time. He couldn't get his eyes off of Gumball. "Would you stop that!! Why are you looking at mmmmgh!!?" Dray covered gumball's mouth before he could finish talking. "Shh!" He shushed him and then people walked into the office.

" I said you can't just come into the office like this, this place is for students to rest now go back. If you want to see gumball he'll be out before the end of the day!" The nurse said to some one at the door. With all this happening, behind the curtain where gumball was being hushed, he was beginning to feel the heat rise to his face. Why was he being shushed like this? He stared at dray trying to see what the other was thinking. It was hard to see his eyes with the shades on. 'Why does this guy always have shades on!?' he asked Himself. Dray let go of gumball removing his hand from his mouth only to move it to his cheek. Gumball was turning even more pink by the second, 'what the heck is this guy doing?' was all that was running through his mind. The distance between them was slowly getting shorter and shorter. Gumball was breathing fast, he felt his heart beat even faster. Dray got so close that Gumball could feel Dray's breath on his lips. ' this is not happening right? This COULDN'T be happening' Gumball opened his slightly quivering mouth to speak. He whispered "D - Dray... What are y– mm!" His eyes widened with shock.

Dray kissed Gumball. He actually did something worse than stupid. It was light as if he wanted to test the waters, to see what Gumball would do but he did nothing. Dray opened his eyes to look at Gumball expecting a shocked, angry face but what he saw was the complete opposite. Gumball was shocked but his face didn't show it. His eyes and mouth were slightly open and his face was clearly red. This made Dray kiss gumball again. When he looked at gumball he was looking for a sign that he should stop and not go any further but there wasn't any and because of this he kissed Gumball without any hesitation and a little longer this time.

In the hallway...

'ah man, I hope Gumball will be ok when he finds out. Why'd the nurse turn me away? I really needed to tell gumball...' Darwin trailed off thinking about the events that just happened in his class. He walked in the hallway alone going back to class. As he approached the classroom he saw the very person that made him rush all the way to the nurses office to find Gumball. When said person walked into the classroom earlier, Darwin ran out of the class without even greeting them. And now here they were in front of him, catching up with their old friends.

"Heeey Penny! Nice to see you again. When did you come back to town?" Darwin asked.