Chapter 1

It was a normal morning In Elmore. Birds were chirping and the sun was rising from the mountains. Anyone would agree that today was a beautiful day, if only it wasn't Monday. People groaned as the woke up from their peaceful slumbers annoyed by that fact that they have to go to their jobs and schools.

In the Watterson's house, someone woke up grumpier that usual. With a flick of his wrist he pushed the alarm clock that was making a noise to floor. " Argh! You've got to be kidding me, how is the weekend already over!?" Gumball said as he covered himself with his covers. But a minute later Darwin opened the door to gumball's room. " Gumball get up man! Why's it so hard for you to get up in the morning? We always end up late because of you!" Darwin said as he walked up to the bed and pulled the covers off of gumball. "Agh!! Fine!" Gumball slowly dragged himself out of his bed and prepared himself to go to school with his little sister and Darwin.

They arrived at their school that morning and Gumball's mood didn't seem to have gotten better. Darwin didn't want to deal with this. He knew better than anyone how Gumball could be on his usual bad days and he didn't want to be the person on the other end of the claws Gumball always forgets to trim. So in the end the two just walked to their lockers in silence. "Dude, if you aren't feeling up to it you could ditch class. Haha! I'm joking!" Gumball perked up once he heard what Darwin had said. He grinned turning to face him. " That... That was a joke! A JOKE!! I WAS JOKING!" Darwin's laugh dies down when he noticed that gumball took it too seriously. He tried to emphasize the joke part but gumball didn't listen. "Don't worry... I'll just go to the nurse's office and pretend I'm sick or something. Just for the morning class ok? Ok! See yah!" Saying that gumball walked off without even giving Darwin a chance to convince him otherwise.

His sharp canines shined as Gumball smiled his way to the nurse's office. When he turned a corner he immediately switched faces and pretended to look sick. He reached the office and reached for the doorknob to get in but without noticing, he put his hand on someone else's hand on the doorknob. He looked down shocked to see a larger tanned hand holding onto the doorknob, and his hand was still on the other person's hand. He looked up to see who the hand belonged to only to find the one person in this entire school that he didn't want to accidentally hold hands with. The guy looked down at Gumball. He had shades on but you could clearly tell from the eyebrows and slanted lips that this person cringed at this situation. With wide eyes Gumball also began to cringe.

"You!" Saying that Gumball swiped his hand away as fast as he could. "Why you!?" He squinted his eyes looking Hotdog Guy up and down. HDG held the bridge of his nose lifting the shades slightly. " I could ask the universe the same thing!" HDG said. He opened the door and went inside. The nurse gave him two pills and a big glass of water telling him to go lie down on one of the two beds. He did as he was told and walked away. Gumball went ahead and approached the nurse.

"What do you want Watterson?" The nurse said in a sigh. " I'm sick and I need to rest so don't mind me I'm just going to lie down for an hour and a half." He began to walk in the direction of the beds but was halted by the nurse saying something. " Hold on there, you're sick?" She asked not believing what Gumball is saying. "Yes I'm sick! I have ... F - food poisoning or something because my stomach hurts really bad." Gumball said as he put a hand on his stomach. He began to walk back closer to the nurse. " And - and I just threw up in the toilets a few moments ago. It seems when I stand for too long I get nauseous and ... Hhueg! hhuegg! Hh.." he began to make gagging sounds like he was about to throw up whilst walking towards the nurse. The nurse backed away fast and put a hand out. " Ok! Ok! Don't get close.... Here drink some water and go lie down too then!" She said in a panic giving Gumball a glass of water. She then took a clipboard and left the office.

"I can't believe that worked!" Gumball drank the water, put the glass down and walked to the bed. He lied down then noticed That HDG was staring at him still drinking his water. " You're not sick are you? " He smirked at Gumball but what he got as an answer was a bombastic side eye. Then gumball turned to his other side facing away from Hotdog Guy. "I don't know what you're talking about!" He closed his eyes and dozed off.

*Author's note*

I guess in Darwin's case he would be able to just breathe under water, like I don't know... maybe aquaman. without the super strength and controlling water and stuff.

well ... till next time.