Chapter 9

Gumball sat on his bed that Saturday afternoon thinking about the events that happened the previous day. He's been out of it since he got back home and his family noticed. He was quiet, not causing trouble or making fun of anyone, just complete silence.

He sat on his bed deep in thought. He couldn't believe what happened yesterday. Gumball's eyes shot up as he realized something, was he slowly getting attached to Hotdog Guy all those times they hung out. Is that why he let Hotdog Guy kiss him without resistance? Twice!? Gumball sighed as he fell backwards on his bed. "I can't believe this, my life is moving too fast. Well at least I'm not thinking about Penny as much as before." 'Yesterday night when Hotdog Guy dropped me off he said I should spend the weekend letting the whole situation simmer in and think about my situation with penny. Yeah I already know how I'm going to deal with Penny but like hell am I going to ... To think about him all weekend ' as Gumball thought to himself a flash of Hotdog Guy's face appeared in his head. He felt the heat rise to his face at that. ' agh! He has a stupid face!'.

Monday soon rolled in and the Watterson's were as energetic as ever. Darwin rushed down the stairs as he called out Gumball to get ready. "Darwin is Gumball still not awake? The bus is going to be here any minute!" Nicole asked in frustration as she was preparing to leave herself. "I'm right here" everyone's heads turned in shock. Gumball was in the kitchen just standing there. "Gumball you're actually early and ready to go?" Nicole asked shocked to see her son up and actually ready to go to school. " The bus isn't even here yet. Wow Gumball, you should do this more often instead of giving me a headache every morning, jeez your 17 now act like it!" Gumball just shrugged " I woke up feeling very light today. I'm even hoping that nothing ticks me off today, I even got my comfort sweater on. The whole waking up in the morning thing, don't get used to it." That only made Nicole sigh.

There was a Knock on the door and Nicole went to check who it was. " who could it be this early in the morning?" She opened the door to reveal a face she didn't imagine could ever be at her front door. "Drayson?!" She said in shock making a someone drop something in the kitchen. "Morning Mrs Watterson, I'm here to pick up Gumball." Her mouth fell open. Since when did Gumball and Drayson get close? She couldn't even talk about going to Drayson's mother because Gumball didn't want to hear about him. "The bus is here!" Anais said as she passed her shocked mother at the door with Darwin about to follow. Gumball was tempted to go out through the back door just so he doesn't have to go to the front door. But unfortunately his mom blew it and called him out. He dragged himself out of the kitchen and went to the door. "What the heck are you doing here?" He asked still trying to keep his calm. "I came to pick you up" Dray smiled smugly.

"Why?" Gumball left the house while Dray followed. "Why not?" He asked back. When Gumball was walking to the front of the yard he started to go in the direction of the school bus but Dray grabbed the back of his sweater and pulled him back towards his car. "Must be nice having a friend who has a car" Darwin sulked as he got In the bus with Anais.

Meanwhile across the street Gumball finally got into to car and saw that Clare was there. "Hi Gumball." He paused. "Why are you looking at me like that?.... Why's she looking at me like that!?" Gumball asked feeling weirded out by the way Clare was smiling at him. "Get in the car!" Dray started the car and they drove off to school. The whole ride there Clare was just giving Gumball weird stares. "What is it?" Her smile grew. " I knew there was something going on with you two, suddenly hanging out a bunch. Oh but I don't have a problem though, I think it's romantic. Confessing each others love under the night sky looking over Elmore.... Aah! It's really romantic. Who knew you had it in you Dray? I just thought you were only capable of being a pervert!" Clare swooned. Gumball's mouth dropped. He immediately looked at Dray. " Who confessed to who? And why does she know already!?" He felt embarrassed. "She made me tell her okay!." He defended himself.

They finally pulled up at the school parking lot. "All right, that's my cue to leave. Gumball.... Good luck to you. You didn't have to deal with this one being a pervert but now since you two are..." Clare said before being cut off. " Shut up I'm not a pervert, now get out!" Dray glared. " gumball come sit in front."

Gumball sat in the passenger seat. "Why aren't we going inside the school?" Dray leaned back in his seat and looked at Gumball. He said nothing, that only made gumball blush and he turned to look out the window. He heard a chuckle. " don't go regretting it now." Dray pulled Gumball closer and smiled. " you agreed to be mine. And in the cutest way too" Gumball slowly turned a shade of pink. " I - I didn't...." He tried to deny.

Flashback

Dray leaned down and whispered very gently in Gumball ear. " don't go back to Penny .... Be mine instead." Hearing that made Gumball shiver. His heart raced feeling like he could explode. All the feelings he felt before this moment seemed to have vanished in an instant. He didn't know if he was thinking on a clear mind or maybe it was just the heat of the moment. His hands shook as he reached to get ahold of the taller boys shirt burying his face in his chest. "Gumball..." Dray whispered. "Ok" his grip on Dray's shirt tightened. "I won't go back to her... I'll stay with you" thank got it was dark outside because Gumball was so embarrassed his ears were red. "Say you'll be mine." Dray smirked down at the other. " Don't push it!" Gumball said.

End of flashback

'is it too late to take what I said back' Gumball thought to himself. He looked at dray and he was smirking. "You have a dumb face" gumball stated with a straight face only getting a kiss on a cheek as a response. "Come on" they got out of the car and headed into the school. 

*Authors Note*

Pictures are coming next!!