Chapter 9

T/w: heavy swearing, mentions unaliving children

◇◇◇◇

The Savage let us into his living quarters into the morning, on behalf of Gandalf's persuasion. I sat with my back to a wall, not wanting to have my back to this beast.

He's taller then any sort of other man, almost a giant with long hair. He had noticed me as we both refused to accept the other.

"So you're the one they call Oakenshield," Beorn said to Thorin. "Tell me why do you travel with a Dragon's Whore?"

Thorin's eyes shot up angrily. "She is a fighter, I won't tolerate the disrespect."

"Has she told you about the war between our people, how they allowed a lost one, Ayzzar, he earned the reputation known as Frostbite, to kill my people?"

I spoke up. "You killed his rider in an ambush and tortured him, remember him? His name was Theron. My 14 year old cousin!?"

"My people was defending our lands from your bastard, he deserved to be killed. He was slaughtering innocents like it was a game! My sister was killed because of him!"

I jumped on the table, giving me some leverage for a fight. "Defending? You slaughtered an innocent boy. Did your father tell you his age? He was only fourteen!"

"We was doing the world a favor," he roared.

"A favor?" I growled. "By murdering a boy and then torturing his dragon? It's what made him Lost in the first place!"

"He was made a man when he made his choice to join your ranks of whores and bastards. You may have these Dwarves fooled but they will know your true nature. The real reason you want to enter the Mountian."

I scoff. "As if you are so high and mighty? I have every right to enter that Mountian and destroy the dragon. It's my blood given oath as a Tamer! You lack all honor Maggot! Your people has no sense of pride, no clanship! Drihüa nwek ŭbahna fiu-dẅen fëse!"

Your mother fucked a troll to make you!

I then turned to Gandalf. "I'm sorry Gandalf, I won't stay here where I am forced to be around the Blood Maggot. I will be outside till everyone decides to leave."

With that I jumped from the table and stormed outside.

I knew he would follow me.
"Go ahead and run Whore, it's all your people is good for!" He yelled.

I turned back to him. "I won't subject myself to an Orc's escaped pet!"

"Escaped pet? I was tortured!"

"They should have finished the job!"

"You little..." Beorn's eyes flashed gold as his form was starting to take form.

Alastor's shadow flew over me then he landed immediately in front of me. The ground shook from the weight. He had grown some since Bag End, not much but he is growing to become as powerful as his brothers.

His wing shielded me from the fight. They was nose to nose, stopping Beorn from shifting. Both growling wanting to fight.

Alastor had the last word, or more so in body language. A lone Shifter wasn't strong enough to overpower a dragon. Especially not the younger brother of Ayzzar, one of the more powerful Winterdrakes.

"Enough!" Gandalf came running out of the house. "Enough both of you! It has been over 200 years since that day. It has been more then enough time to set your differences aside. You two are the last of your races, once great allies of the North. Can you two be friends?"