Chapter 3

The blustering rain forced me to pull my cloak tighter around my frame, it was miserable. Alastor's claws had to dig in the mud to find traction.

Everyone was grumbling, except for Gandalf and Bilbo, they was having some sort of conversation about the other wizards on the White Council.

The sky eventually broke when we came to a burned out farmhouse.

"We'll camp here for the night," Thorin said dismounting from his pony. "Kili, Fili look after the ponies, make sure you stay with them."

I wandered off from camp, finding a small stream to fill up my waterskin. It was enough to get the dried, flaking mud off Alastor's legs.

Night was falling as I returned.

Bombur was currently making dinner as I cleaned Alastor's feet.

"What are you doing?" Bofur asked me.

"Cleaning the mud off Alastor, he hates it," I replied.

Thorin's eyes continued to find me. He eventually sat next to me, obviously as far as he could from my dragon but he was quiet.

"You pay a lot of attention to him," Bofur said.

"It's taking care of family," I replied finishing up washing Alastor's feet.

I glanced over seeing Thorin continuing  to watch what ever I was doing.

I didn't want to admit I was falling for him.

Alastor picked it up rather quick. "He keeps staring at you, Milady. When he looks away, you look at him back."

"So what? I'm not royalty," I replied to my dragon. A quick glance around made me smile inside. No one was the wiser of mine and Alastor's conversation.

"You are the Chief's granddaughter, close enough."

"Forget it Alastor, he's too..."

"I smell Trolls nearby Milady."

I stood up hearing his warning, but as I did Fili and Kili came running out of the woods.

"Trolls.." Kili heaved. "Bilbo went to rescue the ponies."

Thorin rolled his eyes, I knew he wanted to scold them but that was pointless now.

I jumped on Alastor's back easily finding my bow and quiver.

"What are you doing lass?" Dwalin asked me.

"It will be easier to fight them from the air," I replied.

Alastor hovered letting me spot a campfire nearby. He flew over to it leaving the rest to follow.

We circle in the shadows, the Trolls never the wiser we was there. All three of them was dirty, disgusting and other wise filthy.

I could tell one had a knife on him but I wasn't so sure if the others had weapons.

They was currently trying to catch Bilbo and arguing whether he was a squirrel or a Hobbit.

Alastor continued to stay in the shadows, even as those stupid Dwarves rush out to attack the Trolls.

At first they managed to stop the ugly creatures from defending themselves but eventually they was caught.

All of them was thrown into sacks and some was being put on a spit.

I patted Alastor's head. "Make it rain," I said.

He crawled up to a massive rock, roaring the loudest he could.

The Trolls dropped the Dwarves on the spit.