Cute poison

(Slightly Toxic Mattheo) (mature language) (violent references)

Y/N POV

I flipped through the pages of my book thoughtlessly, I couldn't focus on a single line in the book, so instead I stared mindlessly at the flickering candle in front of me.

I couldn't focus, all that was running through my mind was the argument I'd had with Mattheo, I say argument what I meant was I stood there while he screamed in my face and shoved me to the floor. We hadn't spoken since and I wasn't sure if I even wanted to speak to him again or not.

While my mind was racing, a shadow ran across the room and I knew instantly it was Mattheo who was hovering behind me, I didn't even bother to look up at him as he walked around the desk.

"Y/N, stop reading and look at me" he places his arms on the desk and leans forward but I don't look up at him, I can't otherwise I'll give into him straight away. So I flick through the pages not showing any indication to how I'm really feeling in his presence but it seems to only piss him off more.

"Baby I'm sorry, please look at me" he clenched his fists, his veins popping out, and when I don't respond he punches the desk firmly making me jump back in my seat.

"Fuck Y/N, I'm fucking sorry okay? I shouldnt have-, I shouldn't have pushed you, I shouldn't have screamed at you I was mad okay? Please I'm sorry" I still don't look at him.

"Jesus fuck"he swipes away everything on my desk straight to the floor in anger and grabs the book that was in front of me and throws it across the room, the only thing still on my desk is the candle that makes the room feel 100 times hotter.

"I'm fucking sorry, I know I fuck up everything, but I'm trying Y/N, I'm trying to be better for you but when you fucking act like a child giving me the silent treatment it makes it fucking hard to be better" I finally make eye contact with him, his dark eyes filled with anger, his face flushed and the veins on his neck are pulsing.

"For Merlin's sake Mattheo, you just caused a fucking scene and im the one acting like a child? You have the same temper as a spoilt little 5 year old, You fucking pushed me Matthoe, you screamed in my face and pushed me to the floor, how is that being a better person?" I stand up, I see the hurt and guilt in his face but I don't let it faze me.

"I know- I know what I did, I swear the minute I even put my hands near you I regretted it, im sorry, please Y/N, please forgive me, I don't want to be like him, I don't, please "he looks at me his eyes softened and he walks towards me slowly but I move back and he stops.

"I love you Y/N, I don't want to be the kind of person who hurts you, I want to protect you from everyone and anyone I never should've of hurt you, you're the only person who doesn't look at me in complete disgust and i can't lose you over me being a stupid fucking idiot" I see the hurt in his guilty face, as he slowly sinks to the chair next to him in defeat.

He's sorry, I know he is, and I'll be lying if I tell myself I'll never forgive him because I can't I love him and I know he's a good person. He's trying to be better, the only person he does it for is me, I walk over too him stepping over the mess and crouch down to his level.

"I'm sorry, please don't leave me, you're the only person I live for Y/N" he caresses my cheek softly, and leans his forehead against mine.

"I know you are, I know" a single tear rolls down his cheek and I fall back slightly in shock, I've seen Mattheo in many different states, beaten up, angry, goofy, drunk but never have I seen him cry. I wipe away the tear and pull his head to my chest and hug him tightly.

He returns my hug like an injured child and sobs very lightly into my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me baby?" He looks up at me and holds my face in his hands.

"I do forgive you but you've gotta work on the anger Matty, even when you're sorry your throwing things and shouting" I smile at him so he knows Im Being genuine when I say I forgive him.

"It's not healthy for either of us Matty"

"I know I'm trying Y/N, although I don't think my jealousy issues are going to improve anytime soon" he smiles at me and leans into kiss me.

I return the kiss and I pull him up to his feet, he pulls me into his chest and hugs me tightly, I'm chocked by the smell of cigarette smoke  but I don't flinch, he smells more strongly of smoke than normal probably from the stress of us arguing.

We tidy up the mess he made and he takes my hand and leads me to his dorm room.

As we lay down silently, I rest my head on his chest while he runs his hand up and down my back.

"Technically I'm still mad at you"

"But Is this helping me get back into your good books?" He asks as he strokes my hair softly. I make a sleepy sound and close my eyes.

"Hmmm maybe a little".

Thanks for reading! This was short and sweet one.