Differences-iii

Começar do início

After breakfast, it was decided that Abhi would drop Abhir to the practice ground. Abhir denied it initially, he didn't want to go with Abhimanyu. He is still upset with his father for breaking his promise. But Akshara persuades him somehow and he finally goes to the practice with his father. Abhir's team is practising for the upcoming finals. Abhimanyu has decided to stay for his practice. It's been such a long time since he watched his son play live on the field.

Abhi leaned forward on the bleachers when the whistle blew. Abhi smiled with pride when he saw Abhir with the number 10 and 'BIRLA' stamped across the back of his jersey. He is so proud of his boy.

All the members of his team were divided into two groups. As the ball was thrown into play, Abhir manoeuvred through the players to the ball and took it under his control. Abhimanyu noticed that Abhir's attention never wavered from the ball. He is totally in control of the game. He is guiding his team members very well. He is analysing their weak points and pointing them out. His whole attention is on the game. Abhimanyu and Akshara never imposed any profession on their children but he couldn't help but feel that Abhir would make a wonderful doctor one day, focused and driven.

Abhi could hear his coach shouting and issuing instructions to the players regarding the game. Almost as fast as he was running, a taller guy than him shoved him in the back. Abhir instantly fell over the ball at his feet and crashed into the goalpost. The players and coaches surrounded Abhir, and when he didn't stand up, Abhi knew something was wrong.

Abhimanyu pushed his way to see what happened to his son. "Excuse me", said Abhimanyu, trying to get through the coaches huddled around Abhir.

"Junior, what hurts bacha?", asked Abhimanyu, looking for any immediate signs of concussion or blood.

Abhir was crying loudly and Abhimanyu could hear the whispers of the coaches and players around them. "My-my leg", sobbed Abhir, burying his face in his father's chest. Abhi had never heard Abhir cry the way he was crying now as he rocked on the ground holding his leg.

"Junior, I need to see what's wrong with your leg before I can fix it. Can you let me look at your leg?" asked Abhi. Abhir nodded slowly through tears and began to move his hand away from his leg before grasping back onto it tightly and shaking his head again.

Abhi sighed. "Here", he said, holding his hand out for Abhir. "Squeeze my hand tightly, when you remove your hand bas papa ko check krne do". Slowly, Abhir moved his hand from his leg and grabbed onto his father's hand. Abhimanyu heaved a sigh of relief when he saw no immediate bone break and looked over his swollen leg. He diagnosed it as a fracture.

"I am going to carry you to the car, betu. We'll go to the hospital and I promise I'll fix your leg", said Abhi. Without waiting for anyone, he lifted his son in his arms and carried him over to the car. Abhimanyu had broken his arm once thanks to the stupid fight in the school. He had broken a couple of ribs because of a motorcycle accident. He had dealt with the pain just fine but the thought of his son in that much pain made him physically sick.

"Papa", whispered Abhir as Abhimanyu clicked his seatbelt. "Can you make it better? I have a match in three days".

Abhimanyu made sure Abhir was looking him square in the eye before answering, "I promise that I'll make it better". He called his wife in the car and informed her about the injury of Abhir. The car was quiet, except for Abhir's soft cries and hiccups.

Abhi reached the hospital and placed him on the gurney nearest to him and took him to the examination room. Akshara rushed to the hospital and her face contorted in pain looking at her son's face. His leg is swollen. Tears were leaking from his eyes. He is tightly holding Abhimanyu's hand needed some sort of comfort from his father. Akshara hugged Abhir tightly. While hugging Akshara, Abhir didn't leave his father's hand.