Day 2: Cross Country

The Formal Friesians Riding School members got their horses out of the horse float, getting ready to ride them. Gage spotted their family in the distance. They ran up after tying Prancer to the side of the horse float, handing Barney to Emelda.

"There's spots to observe the show at all around the track. Make yourselves at home!" Gage explained, giving Barney one last pat.

"Is there tea?" Martha asked.

"Or breadcrumbs?" Dorothy questioned.

"... Most probably not."  Gage replied.

"Then we can't quite make ourselves at home, can we?" Charles joked.

"Very fair statement there, chaps. Just enjoy the show and get comfortable, then!" Gage watched as their family left to go find a spot to hang out at. They then went back to tack up Prancer, whilst the first riding club was riding their rounds.

Fries had finished tacking up Nova and was about to head toward Tien and Mysie, when they saw some familiar faces exiting a newly arrived vehicle. Fries rushed over to Gage, grabbing their attention and pointing to the people.

"Is that Handy Dandy Andalusians? I think I see Steel and Abigail." Fries questioned.

Gage glanced over, seeing what Fries meant. "I believe so. I recognise Clarissa amongst that crowd as well."

Gage untied Prancer and held his lead rope as Fries dragged Nova and Gage toward the familiar faces. Abigail emerged from the crowd with Steel, noticing Fries and Gage standing there.

"Oh my gosh, hi! Fries and Gage, right?" Abigail said.

"Yeah! Great to see you again." Fries responded.

Abigail, Fries, and Gage were chatting for a while whilst they waited for the first club to finish up. When the last member leaped over the final fence, the crowd cheered as the show announcer turned on their microphone and called Formal Friesians Riding School to line up and prepare. Gage and Fries waved goodbye to Abigail and went to where they needed to be, seeing Tien in the starting box.

When she and Florian were ready, they let the judges know and began galloping to the first obstacle, jumping it flawlessly. Everybody cheered as they galloped past the audience, jumping each wooden and grassy fence. They continued riding, everyone admiring Florian's beauty as he galloped by with his feathers and mane flowing with the breeze, until they made it to the final jump. Once they went over the last log, the audience cheered as the judges wrote their score down. They then sent Mysie and Silver C to ride up next.

Hours went by, many great performances being showed under the beaming sunlight. When the last rider had finished, the show announcer dismissed everybody to go back home. Gage found their family and took Barney back in their arms, seeing how tired he was. Their heart melted as they entered the Florian Express.