Barely Handling It

Mysie, Trevor, and Tonia arrived at the barn, seeing Gage cleaning a saddle as they sat near the lounge that their family was on.

"You better be cleaning that saddle well, Aggie." Mysie said as Trevor and Tonia went to sit down.

"Indeed I am! Would you like to inspect it for yourself?" Gage asked, moving out of the way so Mysie could see the saddle.

"Very well, now continue." Mysie demanded, the nerd instantly getting back to work on the saddle and chatting with their family. Mysie grabbed her clipboard, checking through it as she went to find Tien. She entered the tack room, seeing Fries and Carbs have a small screaming match.

"Potatoes do not have carbs! You're lying!" Carbs shouted.

"It's true!" Fries yelled back.

"It can't be! Potatoes and carbohydrates are enemies!" Carbs complained.

"Frenemies, actually. But Google doesn't lie!" Fries defended themselves.

Carbs marched out of the tack room, looking at Gage. "Gage! Do potatoes have carbs?" She asked, sounding frustrated with Fries just behind her.

"Precisely! They are a carbohydrate-rich vegetable and are considered a healthy carbohydrate." Gage explained.

Carbs' ears pinned as she turned to face Fries. "How dare you!" She screeched before launching toward them. They managed to run out from another door that lead to the tack room, Carbs trailing behind as they both ran around the barn, ready to attack at any given moment.

Mysie came out of the tack room, staring at Gage. "Gage."

"On it, chap!" Gage started reaching into their bag for a tennis ball.

Gage found the tennis ball, noticing the two were running by them. They managed to run up and grab Carbs after Fries ran outside again, stopping her from chasing them. Carbs tried to kick her way out of Gage's grasp, moving her head around as Gage tried to slide the tennis ball onto her blade. They held Carbs' knife handle to keep her head still so that they could place the ball onto the sharp end. Carbs turned bright red, falling to the floor when the nerd let go of her.

"... Is she all right?" Martha asked.

Gage looked down at the headknifette. "I'm not too sure, this isn't the first time this has happened. At least she's calm now, I suppose." Gage shrugged it off, going back to the saddle to continue cleaning, when Mysie went over and gave them a small list of other chores to do. Gage read the list, getting a shovel to muck out the stalls.

Carbs' family arrived soon after, entering the barn and wondering why Carbs was on the floor. "Is Carbohydrates okay? She seems a bit... Distressed?" Joyce questioned.

"She was causing chaos and tried to attack someone, so I made Gage put a tennis ball on her knife, then she just kind of... Flopped." Mysie clarified.

"That doesn't explain anything." Joyce stated.

"There was a weird debate about potatoes, then Carbs started chasing Fries around, then Mysie made Gage try to stop her. She wouldn't keep her head still and Gage kept missing the blade, so they grabbed her handle to keep it still, then she fell like that." Alex mentioned.

"What?" Jeremiah rhetorically asked, quiet enough for only the other headknifepeople to hear. Frank and Joyce glanced at each other, shocked.

Tien came out of the feed room at the same time as Gage came out of the stall they just cleaned. "Everyone's here? Okay, you slimy blouses start tacking up your horses. We're practicing the dressage test today." She announced, everyone starting to tack up their horses.