Tide Pod Tragedies

Alex pulled up to a driveway with Harlynn in the passenger seat. "Do you want to come in with me? I shouldn't be too long, just have to cause chaos."

"Chaos? Of course I'll come!" Harlynn beamed, exiting the car and going to the front door with her sister.

Alex crawled through the doggy door, confusing Harlynn. She noticed that most of Gage's family were getting ready for the sleepover, and the rest of the chaos group was inside as well.

"Bloody hell, the house is full!" Alfred commented as Alex opened the door for Harlynn.

"More chaos!" Fries cheered, greeting Alex.

"Why is everybody bloody here? There's a sleepover you all should be preparing for." Gage complained, slightly joking.

"Chaos, duh." Cassie rolled her eyes.

"The better question is, why are you doing laundry rather than getting ready?" Alex pointed out.

"I've already packed, chap! I'm cleaning up before we head to the barn." Gage explained, placing a basket on the dining table near Martha.

"And we've come to steal your hoodies before we go." Fries said.

"What?"

"... Nothing." Fries snuck into Gage's room, very obviously as they watched.

Gage rolled their eyes and ignored the class clown, folding up some of the clothes in the basket. Martha stopped them for a moment.

"You have lots of other things to do, how about I help you out with this once my tea is ready?" She asked.

"That's all right, you are not required to do that."

"No, I'll do it."

"... Okay, thank you for your assistance!" Gage smiled at their mother, going to the laundry room to do a different load of laundry. Alex followed them, leaving Harlynn near the front door.

Martha went into the kitchen to check on her tea that was brewing. Meanwhile, chaos lurked. Cassie tapped Carbs on the shoulder.

"I'll be back, I'm going to go be chaotic." She said, entering Gage's room. Carbs followed curiously. They both ignored Fries as they sorted through all of Gage's nerdy hoodies. Cassie dug through one of Gage's drawers, pulling out a pair of fishnets. "Perfect!"

Carbs panicked once she had realised Cassie's plan. "Cassie, what if their parents see? What if they get mad? What if Gage gets hurt?"

"It'll be fine. If anyone tries anything, I'll punch them." Cassie reassured, sneaking to the dining room and burying the fishnets among the other clothes in the basket. She bolted back to the couch, with Carbs sitting on the lounge as well, nervously waiting to see what would happen.

Charles came out of the guest room with his bag filled with everything he needed. He glanced around the living room, wondering where the nerd was. "Where's the antlered one?" Alfred raised his hand. "Sorry, I meant the smart antlered one." 

"You bloody muppet." Alfred chuckled. "They're being a neat freak in the laundry room."

Charles laughed at Alfred as he headed to the laundry room. He opened the door, seeing Alex force feeding Gage a tide pod. He stared at the scene in silence as the nerd struggled to prevent Alex from shoving the tide pod in their mouth. Alex noticed Charles at the door after a moment, stopping her chaotic scheme.

Gage spat the tide pod out. "Alexandra!"

"What? You didn't want me to eat it, I thought you wanted to! I was just being nice!"

"Alyeska, tide pods are not edible."

"Are you sure? Why is there an entire challenge about eating them then?"

"Those specific homosapiens who began that challenge aren't quite geniuses."

"Oh..." Alex looked down at the slobbery tide pod on the floor.

She picked it up, avoiding the salivary parts. She shoved it in Gage's mouth again, kissing Gage on the forehead and running out of the room. Gage spat the tide pod out again, rinsing it under the sink. Charles shut the laundry room door.

"I have a theory. A nerdy theory. Hear me out... I think Alex likes you."

"Oh really? I never bloody realised, chap!" Gage sarcastically muttered.

"Yeah! Maybe you're not the only nerd around here." Charles mocked. "Now, tell me about her!" Charles elbowed them.

Gage turned the washing machine on, thinking about Alex. "Well... She's caring and thoughtful, for a start. She broke her arm for me once." They looked away slightly, hiding their subtle, red face. "In a way, she's quite generous too. She taught me how to weave anthriscus sylvestris to create a flower crown, and handed the one she made instead." Gage started to tear up.

Charles was trying to think about what the hell anthriscus sylvestris was, when he noticed tears forming in his godchild's eyes. "Haha!"

Gage looked up at him, a bit confused. He started laughing uncontrollably. Gage's tears disappeared as they started laughing too. The two continued chuckling for a while, before they calmed down.

"All right, I'll let you be a neat freak in peace now." Charles said, leaving the laundry room. He noticed all of the chaos group members had nerdy hoodies on. "Wow, where did these nerds come from? I thought Gage was a rare species." He joked.

"They all look lovely in Gage's hoodies, don't they?" Emelda added.

"Thank you!" The chaos group said at once.

"Well, we should go now. See you all at the stables!" Alex said, taking Harlynn to their destination.

Just as the sisters left, Martha pulled out the fishnets once she had folded the previous set of clothes. Gage walked out a few seconds later.

"Gage. Are these yours?"

"Indeed, they-"

"Don't blame them! They belong to Fries!" Carbs interrupted.

"... What?" Fries stared at Carbs, confused.

"Shut up, Fries."

Gage looked at the two chaotic members for a moment, not sure what was happening. "... No, they're mine, mum."

"Oh, okay." She folded them neatly, placing them on a pile of other clothes. "Why do you have them?"

"They were a gift. And sometimes they appear to be matching well with my outfits."

"Oh, all right." Martha shrugged it off, folding more laundry as Gage joined in to help her.

The remaining chaos group members seemed quite surprised at Martha's calm reaction to seeing that. Just after, Dorothy finally came out of the guest room.

"I'm ready! Sorry for the wait." She said, seeing the remaining chaos group members all in Gage's hoodies. "Aww, that's cute! It's like you all match!"

Gage noticed their hoodies being worn just at that moment. "Hey! You all committed thievery upon my hooded jumpers!" They screeched as the chaos group members ran out the door, driving to the barn as quick as they could. "Bloody hell."

"I'm sure you'll get them back eventually. Anyways, you should go as well now." Alma said.

Gage, Martha, Alfred, Charles, and Dorothy all gathered their things, then went in the car, making their way to Formal Friesians Riding School for a chaotic sleepover.