Prologue

As the students untacked their horses after a lesson, Tien marched around, gathering everyone up near the couches as she held her clipboard. Once Cassie finally finished turning out Nyx and sat down, Tien began to declare her announcement.

"You rice ball looking asses listen up. We have a show to attend. The Christchurch Internationals Three-Day Event is coming up soon, which is probably going to be one of the biggest shows we've ever competed in. Some of the other stables that we'll be competing against are inviting their families to watch, so if you crusty boneheads want, you can do the same." Tien announced.

"I can invite my sister!" Alex exclaimed.

"I shall inquire my parental figures and other family members if they are able to visit." The nerd declared.

"What's the prize?" Fries questioned curiously.

Mysie checked her clipboard, reading where it stated the prizes. "The 1st place winners will receive a trophy for the whole stable, including a rosette for each member that is customised to represent the stable, with your name and your horse's names on the ribbons." She read aloud.

The student's grew excited. "Now piss off, call your family or whatever." Tien dismissed her students, most of them going home, with the nerd staying behind. Gage grabbed their phone, opening the group chat that they shared with their family and calling it.

"Hello, chaps!" Gage started the conversation.

"Hey kiddo! What's up?" Alfred asked.

"Something quite exhilarating, actually." Gage responded.

"What is it?" Martha inquired.

"I will be competing in a major horse riding event with my stable mates, and I am requesting you all visit us in New Zealand to come observe." Gage explained.

"If we find a good dog sitter for Owen, I suppose we could. Right, Doroth?" Charles said. "Yep! I'd love to visit New Zealand!" Dorothy answered in the background. "Sounds good then!"

"We could probably make it too. I know Mum would love to see some horses again." Alma mentioned. "I'll ask her later and get back to you, she's busy right now."

"Splendid! Excited to see you all again! I suppose I should do my barn chores now. I'll chat to you later!" Gage hung up, excited to possibly see their family again as they walked off to do their chores.

-----

Carbs stared at her pet fish. "Should I call them? Would they even come? What if I waste their time? What do I do?" Carbs rambled to Stabby. Stabby blew a bubble. "I'm not calling them." Carbs declared. Stabby flared her black gills at her owner. "Fine, I'll call them." Carbs picked up her phone to call her parents first. "Hello, we're having a big eventing show, my peers are inviting their families to come watch them, do you think you would be able to make it?"

"I have work, you know that." Frank stated.

"I'm happy to come watch, as long as the horses don't get me filthy. Who else will be there?" Joyce said.

"I'm not sure who else is going to make it, but I know Alex's sister is invited, and I think Gage is inviting their parents." Carbs replied.

"Mr. Witherwilt will be there? I'll come, I have a word to speak with that man." Frank snarled.

Joyce awkwardly chuckled. "All right darling, go ahead and message us the details! Goodbye Carbohydrates."

"Goodbye mother, goodbye father." Carbs hung up, getting ready to alert her brother of the event as well. "Hey JJ! I'm having a horse riding show, if you don't come, I'll stab you." She explained.

"That's a fun way to start of a conversation!" Jeremiah commented, making Carbs giggle in an evil manner.

"Can I come?" Brianna asked in the background.

"Oh, by the way, Brianna's here." Jeremiah added.

"Yeah, you can come, protect your fiancé from being stabbed." Carbs joked. They continued chatting through the night.

-----

Alex called her sister, Harlyn. "Hey rascal. My riding school is having a horse riding event, do you want to come watch it?" She questioned.

"Yeah sure!" Harlynn responded.

"Great! I'm sure you'll love it. And we can hang out together when there's nothing important going on!" Alex said.

"Sounds good!" The two kept talking about their plans for when Harlynn get to visit.

-----

Mysie returned home, sitting at the dining table that already had a meal prepared. "Hello dear! How was work?" Trevor asked.

"Good enough. We have a big eventing show coming up soon. Speaking of which, Tien wants family members to come over and watch, and do some other activities." Mysie responded.

"Oh, that sounds nice. We could go. Right, Tonia?" Trevor looked over to his and Mysie's daughter.

"Yeah, sure." Tonia mumbled, not excited to watch dressage.