Chapter 6: Racist

'Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.'

Davina's POV

I've been out the hospital for a few days and honestly, everything was harder than expected.

I knew it was going to be hard especially with my fuzzy memory but i'm not about to let that stand in the way of my carrier.

Becoming a super model means a lot to me and once I get that award I can be less bothered but till then I'll make sure to put my all into being what i want to be.

I've been working tirelessly and hard in my private gym everyday to make sure I still got my footing. My training hours has increased and as all my days was free I invested them into training.

The likes that has always wanted to get rid of me for good now has a reason to but there's no way in both the heavens and hell i'm letting that happen.

Last night Han said he overheard a group in the agency taking about replacing me for Paris.Couture due to them not being comfortable putting me out there after suffering from the trauma the accident might have caused.

I saw it coming and i'm way more prepared for them now than ever. This is too great an opportunity to give up just because of an unfortunate incident.

"Davina are you ready for work? We don't wanna be late you know" Ivo screamed from wherever she was that I didn't take note off. I'm about to step into that agency not giving a fuck about the CEO himself.

I'm not letting them take my bread and my once in a life time opportunity.
"I'm ready, where you at?" I asked as I loud as I could

"On my way to the garage" she replied and I strolled stylishly, wiggling my butt to the garage.

I got to Han's office to find this friend of mine looking stressed like he's been running for hours and just decided to stop for a breath.

"What are you doing here Davina?" Han shot at me immediately he saw me
"You're supposed to be in bed rest" his stares where those of your mom when she's about to whoop your ass.

"No i'm not, I had an accident and I was totally fine before leaving the hospital." I know something's up and i'm here for all of it.

"Davina, you know the agency gave you a month to heal, there's no use rushing back here" he clasped his hand in a pleading way staring at me like he was going to cry. 'a month? Did I get paralyzed?'

"I'm sorry Han but i'm not taking a month off, I didn't die. Yes I got into an unfortunate accident but i'm fine and over it now, so can I get back to work..." I don't really know what their problem is "besides Paris.Couture is in two months and a week I have a lot of preparation to do" i'm going to get upset if he says anything about me taking a break.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked searching my face for a reassurance I guess.

"You know what Paris.Couture means to me so trust me Han, i'm not going to fail you" I smiled wildly at him cause I knew that will give him all the reassurances he needed.

"Then there's a meeting about to start now, where they'll decide on whether to keep you or replace you for Paris" I knew it was going to happen.

"Do they have a more qualified mixed Chinese model to replace me?" I asked with a smirk.

We are at the time where the entertainment industry is beginning to add the mixed asian community to the good books, rescuing us from the racism that almost ate us up alive and if you really want your company, agency, film, music and other entertainment to be loved and have that little stew and not look racist especially in china you've got to hold one or two mixed asian possession.