Chapter 1: Unknown

Authors POV

She woke up feeling a thumbing headache, something she's never felt before even when she had hang overs- she thought.

"What the fuck?" She cussed holding her head with both hands and stretching her body on the hard surface she was laying on.
On noticing she wasn't laying on a bed, she sat up and opened her eyes slowly to find herself in a very dark place.

Fear immediately gripped her as lots of dark scary thought swam through her head causing the headache to increase. She groaned and laid back on the hard surface. And as the universe decided to favour her, her phone received a weather notification and lit up.

"Hallelujah" she said and immediately reached for her phone. On trying to do so she fell on another hard surface and became utterly confused cause she was unaware of her surroundings.

"What the fuck is going on?" She cried out due to the pain she felt on her body and her head before reaching for her phone.

She immediately turned on her phone light to see where she was, on noticing the place didn't look familiar she became confused and as the pains she felt was atrocious, it made things harder for her to comprehend. Then she realized she was in a dark room with no windows and just one door and she was laying on a small wood table.

"Ok hold up, where am I?" She asked no one in particular turning around and reassessing the environment.

She strolled straight to the door before opening it to find the environment totally unfamiliar making her to immediately panic. Nothing seemed familiar or alright, she had a very bad felling about her current situation which made her panic more causing the headache to increase.
She turned on her phone and tried to make a phone call to anybody at all but found out her phone has been whipped clean. It was literally as good as new.

A gush of wind blew her as a vehicle drove past her which caused her to shiver feeling extreme fear. She reached into the pocket of the trouser she was putting on and found a bulk of money tied together with a note which said "enjoy your new identity, whatever it is. I'm really sorry but I had to do it and I couldn't leave you just like that, that's why I gave you the five thousand. You're strong I know it and you'll be fine I promise. By D".

The note didn't make anything easier cause the new identity thing and the i had to do it left her disarrayed.
This was when she realized she couldn't remember a thing. Who she was, who she knew, where she lived, where she must have worked and most especially how she got here.

At this moment, the timidity was over the top and it was surely going to overpower her, the feeling she was going to pass out was evident. She immediately breathed loudly and slowly to calm her self down as hot tears ran down her cheek.

She wondered why was able to read since she doesn't know anything as she's lost her memory and she shouldn't know how to read. She chuckled at the thought of not losing everything entirely. The fact she still knew how to read meant she could still do other things, all she had to do was figure it out.

She saw flashlights approaching her from the side and immediately ran back into the building she came out from. She looked at the note again and the words "you're strong I know it and you'll be fine I promise" gave her courage.

She listened carefully for the footsteps to pass before going back outside. Then she walked further into the road looking to see a taxi. After waiting for what felt like forever she finally saw one.
"Sir, please can you take me to the nearest motel?" She asked the driver and he nodded before she entered the taxi.

She sat down in the taxi very much on alert and as expected confused because the more they drove the less familiar the place was. She didn't know where she was, who she was and what to expect. Then she thought it'll be pleasant to be aware of her current location so she asked the driver
"Sir, which city is this?"

He smiled and said "Fuzhou"

"Wait what?" She exclaimed, mostly because she was totally unaware of everything and also she'll bet she hasn't heard of that before. "I don't even know anywhere, there's no need asking" She mocked her self.

"This is Fuzhou in China" the taxi driver replied staring at her from the rearview mirror bewildered.

"What's the problem? Are you ok?" The taxi driver asked a little bit concerned by the way she reacted to the city they were and the fact she's been lost in her own thoughts since he answered her. As if that was not enough she kept laughing and facepalming herself.

"No nothing, i'm drunk, I'll be fine once I sleep" she replied him smiling. The man immediately believed her seeing that from the time she got into the car she looked unkept like someone who drunkenly fell in a gutter and he felt she just needed help.

They got to the motel, she came down from the car and handed him one of the notes she had in her pocket. She knew it was money but didn't know what currency it was and what currency they used where she was.

"Why would you give me that?" the taxi driver was getting annoyed because she stood there stretching the money and staring at him like she was oblivious of her behavior.

"I can see the drink got to your brain and your pocket too" he said and drove off angrily. She smiled and walked into the motel.

Immediately she stepped into the motel, her phone connected to the motels internet which made her chuckle.

She walked up to the cute blonde receptionist who gave her a nice smile regardless of how disgusting she looked. Then she thought to herself that if this receptionist could smile to her looking like that, then she could tell her her problem.

Then she realized she didn't know what to say besides she didn't know what happened to her so she just went with what came out of her mouth.

"Hi, I need help. I was kidnapped, drugged and raped..." She was talking when the receptionist placed a finger on her lips.

"Take a sit" the receptionist said, she nodded and did just that.

She took a picture of herself and asked Siri who she was but Siri said she doesn't know her but she looked Asian and she was black so she's definitely mixed. So on that note she decided to do some research to find which name she could use for herself to begin her new identity.
After doing some research she decided to go with Vera Lin Wang.

"Tang" the receptionist called out as she started to pack her things into her bag which left Vera confused. Was she going to leave her here after asking her to sit? Vera thought to herself which led her to stare at the lady's every move.

A female came out putting on the same uniform as the receptionist.
"Tang cover my remaining shift I have to go" the first receptionist said to Tang who immediately shook her head.

"Don't Tang, it's important. Plus you owe me" the receptionist said and carried her bag out. On her way out she signalled Vera to follow her. 'Oh thank God she isn't leaving me here' she thought to herself

"Get in the car" she said to Vera pointing at her car as they got out of the motel. Vera stood staring at her like she didn't hear or she wanted her to repeat her self or she was intentionally ignoring her.

"If you need help then get in the god-damned car" the receptionist said and got into the car

"Where are you taking me too?" Vera asked her standing in front of the passenger side of the car.

The reception came out of the car and walked to where Vera stood "You said you were kidnapped, drugged and raped, for the fact that you're standing in front of me means you escaped or you found your way out somehow and this is Fuzhou my love, they'll find you. That's why I didn't let you finish what you were saying and i'm taking you to my house to keep you safe, plus you look disgusting. Now get in the car" the receptionist said and opened the car for Vera who quietly stepped in and closed the door.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Hey lovelies😚💋
Please Vote, Comment and Share.
Love you ❤️