Chapter 2: Too Many Troubles

Davina's POV

"Wake up Davina, it's morning. Your coffee is by the side table" I heard Sinclair's voice in my sleep and I smiled. I was already tired of waiting for the day to break.
I opened my eyes feeling super giggly and exited for the day, I actually can't wait to get to work today. I feel brand new, refreshed and some type of way I can't even explain. I stared at the ceiling for a while before deciding to sit up.

I picked up the coffee and drank it but immediately spat it back in the cup because it tasted bitter and sour. Who drinks stuff like this? And why would she make stuff like this for me?

"Is something wrong?" Sinclair asked from the corner of my room and I just turned to stare at her. Is she seriously asking me that? Would she drink this?

Calm down girl, calm down.

Ok, ok.

"Why is the coffee bitter and sour?" I asked glaring at her cause I couldn't pretend i didn't feel sour.

"That's how you like it girl, it's your every Mondays coffee reminding you of how bitter and sour the day will go" Sinclair said staring at me confusedly

"Davina, are you sure you're ok?" Sinclair asked me walking to my bed almost immediately. What does she mean am I ok?

"Sinclair, stop right there. Go get me a nice and sweet coffee while I go bath" I waved for her to leave and she shook her head before going out which is disrespectful to me.

At this point I don't really know why she's still my assistant, she's been working for me for years now and i'm tired of her. Plus she knows too much about me and I don't like it.
I am tired of getting someone constantly remind me of who I am, what I'll do, what I won't do, my schedule as arranged three years ago. I need to go above the things she knows I can do, I need to evolve, I need to be a new me and I can't do that with someone hanging over my head so it's high time I get rid of her for good.

I sighed at the thought of lossing my best friend but it's for the greater good. This time I need to hire someone I can control, someone who is the opposite of Sinclair and I know just who can find me one. I sighed and stepped out of the bed to go have my bath.

"Davina I've made the coffee" I heard Sinclair call out from the room as I was putting my robe on to leave the bathroom.

I stepped out and saw her sitting on the couch in my bedroom staring into space. I picked the coffee and went to sit on my bed. I sighed to myself because I know it's going to be harder for her than it will be for me. But it's now or never.

"Uhm. Sinclair..." I started to say but paused to take a deep breath, this is going to be the biggest change in both our lives.

"You're fired" I breathed out like I just dropped a huge bomb, of course I just dropped a huge bomb but there she was laughing which got me confused. Do people laugh when they lose their jobs around here?

"Davina we are over this type of pranks, nice try my love" she said still laughing. Oh I see, she thinks i'm pranking her. I face palmed my self seeing she didn't even care she was still smiling.

"Sinclair, go grab your things and leave because you are fired end of discussion" I said this time more serious and loud. I think she didn't really hear me the first time I said it.

"Davina you cannot just fire me and say end of discussion, what did I do? Where do I go? Did you even take a second to think about the position you'll be putting me into firing me?" She asked almost teary. Hmm. Things went down pretty fast but I have to do this for me.

"Sinclair I have to do this for myself, I'll write you a check so you can get a place for your self. I'll miss you Sinclair but it's time for me to evolve and I can't do it with you hanging over my head that's why I have to do this. Please leave, your check will be down in a minute" I said staring at her with the best poker face I could put on. I feel really bad but like I said, I have to do this.

"I don't need your money, I'll be fine on my own" she said and stormed out of my room. I really wish this could go another way but unfortunately there's no other way to say 'Sinclair you're fired'

I picked up my phone to call my manager Han, he is the only person who can get me the kind of personal assistant I need.

Vera's POV

I turned and turned on the bed because I couldn't find sleep. Bia Huang the receptionist brought me to her home, bathed me and gave me food to eat. She said she most bath me because I was really dirty and for the fact that I was raped my virgina will need soothing what ever that means.

I used the opportunity to tell her about the letter and money I saw in my pocket when I woke up and how I don't know who I am. It's really sad to be me. Who ever I was couldn't really handle me so I guess she had to free herself from the pain and sadness I was.

What exactly is going to happen to me now because I know Bia can't keep me here forever. How do I get to go out to the world I know nothing about to begin afresh? A ding from my phone brought me out of my thoughts.

I picked up my phone from the bed and saw a text message from an unknown contact. For one i'm scared of what I'll see in this message, for two i'm scared of who sent this message.

"What's that?" I heard Bia ask as she walked into the room to come sit with me on the bed

"It's a text message from an unknown sender" I said showing her the message

"Open it" she said almost tapping on the message but I was fast enough to turn the phone off.

"What do you mean open it? What ever is in that message will definitely change my life forever, i'm not sure i'm ready for that right now" I said shaking my head and staring at her with worry written all over my face.

"Vera, you won't know unless you open the message, what ever happens happens besides you can't hide under my roof forever" she said and rolled her eyes. I was scared she was going to say that last part but I didn't expect it this soon.

I sighed and turned the phone back on before tapping on the message.
"Hey, I know you're lost and i'm not supposed to be talking to you but I have to drop this message for you. You were a Model in Suzhou and the only way you can get to know who you really are and what happened to you and also save your sister is by coming back to Suzhou to become a model again. I can only help you if you come back and you have to come back because your sister is in big trouble and she needs your help. By D" I couldn't breathe after reading this message. My body felt so stiff and I couldn't find my voice, I could only feel the tears that was rushing down my eyes.

I have a sister who's in Suzhou and needs my help to save her. How can I save her when I don't even know who she is? Now I have to go to a place I don't know to become something I can't remember how to be in order to find out who I am and save my sister. Here's the reason I didn't want to open the message and who knows if this D is even telling the truth.

"Hey come here" Bia said and hugged me really tight.

"You don't have to do it, but if you want to I'll help you. Everything will eventually be fine, you just have to believe it" Bia whispered to me which made me smile.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Hey lovelies 😚💋
Please vote, comment and share❤️