twenty ⛥

yuna ✧

yeji got into the backseat as ryujin made her way over to the driver's seat, I glanced at the passenger seat-side window, hesitantly looking over my shoulder to see kai's brown eyes lingering on me. he sighed for a moment before, looking as if he was contemplating on doing something.

he looked right at me, bringing his hands up to his chest and signing the words 'be careful' with his fingers. 

a small smile grazed my lips at his gesture, I nodded in reply, holding up my index and thumb finger,  forming an 'ok' symbol. "you gonna stand out there all day or get the fuck in?" ryujin's disgruntled voice broke through the sound of my rapidly beating heart. "sorry," I mumbled out before getting into the car, not sparing kai a second glance. 

"aren't you gonna wear your seatbelt?" I asked the girl seated beside me, noticing the long black piece of polyester lying limp behind her back. "its so fucking late at night, its nearly morning." she started saying, one hand gripped onto the lever and the other onto the back of my seat as the car moved backwards.

"no one's gonna be out on the road, for me to be 'careful' and wear a seatbelt." she finished, looking at me with a sarcastic smile as I pursed my lips, "well suit yourself." I mumbled, slowly pulling the black polyester strip over my chest and pushing it into the buckle.  

I looked behind me to see yeji, who seemed to be deep in thought, sitting there, glancing out the window, chin in her palm. "hey, you okay?" I asked her as her eyes momentarily shifted to me before looking out the window again.

 she inhaled sharply before saying, "yeah, just a bit shaken about what we saw today." she said, flashing me a smile, as my eyebrow raised as the choice of tone she decided to use. "alright,"

I looked over at ryujin, who seemed to notice the change in yeji's mood as she maintained her eyes on the road. 

a few minutes had passed and ryujin was driving down the dark back roads of the city, the headlights and somewhat broken streetlights being the only form of light in the whole area. 

everything was silent, and everyone was quiet. 

yeji was immersed into her phone, her face illuminated by the screen as she texted away. ryujin focused on driving, her eyes momentarily drifting to yeji through the front view mirror. whereas I was staring right ahead, trying to force down the rush of emotions washing over me as I recalled the horrific day we all endured. "you can sleep if you want." 

I looked over at ryujin, who stared straight ahead. "hmm?" I asked, not sure if I heard her properly. "if you're tired, sleep, I'll wake you up." she said as my tongue poked the inside of my cheek, "it's fine, I can stay awake." she rolled her eyes in response, not adding anything further as I glanced back to look at yeji, who was fiddling with the hem of her skirt. 

a few more minutes passed as ryujin's voice cut through the air, "do I have to drop you home or can you walk from mine?" she asked as yeji scoffed, "seriously? you expect us to walk home?" she spoke as I bit my lower lip, not wanting to add to the conversation. "I can't be bothered to take you both home," ryujin replied.

"oh yeah? well I don't fucking care, you offered to drive us, so you can fucking drop us off too." yeji glared at her, her fierce cat eyes piercing through the girl in the driver's seat, who seemed unfazed. I rolled my eyes, "it's fine. Kenzie can drop herself off then I'll drop you off and take the car home." I suggested, hoping there wouldn't be much more for them to argue about.

I looked out the window, noticing bleak amount of light appearing in the sky, hinting that the sun will rise soon. "fine, let ryujin be lazy." I sighed at yeji's words, "I'm just tired!" ryujin argued, "you have no reason to be! all you did was flirt with kai and complain!" yeji added, ryujin's hands let go of the steering wheel as she glared at yeji through the front view mirror, "flirt with kai? shut the fuck up before I come back there and-"