seventeen ⛥

yuna ✧

I pull a scrunchie over my wrist as I glance at myself in the mirror again, looking over my outfit as I sighed, leaving my room. yewon's nowhere to be seen, again, and I can't help but feel like a bad sister. I have no idea where her current whereabouts are, and she never tells me where she's going. 

the light outside was turning bleak by the minute, indicating the day is slowly ending, stirring up an unpleasant feeling in my stomach as I poked the inside of my cheek with my tongue.

there is without a doubt an inkling of fear creeping up my spine as the urge to just stay in my bed and not go to see what disaster's waiting for us at that factory grew by the minute. apart from my curiosity, I was scared as fuck. 

we have absolutely no idea what we'll find there. I'm really hoping it's Lia in a safe condition. upon glancing at the ivory clock hung directly above my bed, I let out a deep breath.

6:00 pm.

its go time.

I headed out the door, double checking the lock as I sprinted to my car. adjusting my front view mirror, I drove out of the driveway. a million thoughts crossed my mind as my hands just wouldn't stop trembling. glancing over at the familiar building, I parked right it front of it, looking up to see four of them already there.

"hey," I heard kai's voice call out from the stairs as I shot him a small smile. "okay the only's ones remaining are ryujin and beomgyu." kai said looking around. the two arrived eventually, as everyone decided the seating arrangements for the carpooling. at the end it was me, yeji and kai, originally with ryujin too but she insisted on going with beomgyu and yeonjun.

kai parks near the factory, so that people don't see our cars and call the police. the abandoned area is completely off limits and entering it would be registered as trespassing. I get down, walking behind the group as all of us walk discreetly through the street, avoiding eye contact with anyone we see coming our way.

as we entered the premises, beomgyu's heads for the ragged entrance as we all just followed him. he pushes the broken door open, causing for dust to hit us straight in our faces. ryujin sneezes, clinging on to beomgyu's arm as she held her hand over her mouth. the place was oddly quiet, causing for an eery feeling to creep up my spine.

 I was the last to enter, unaware of kai who was glancing at me from the front. I kept my head low, not glancing up as Yeji spoke, "this place gives me the creeps," I hummed in response, "tell me about it." I said looking around for the first time.

"okay uh, what exactly are we supposed to do here?" ryujin asks, glancing at the poorly constructed building, her face contorting into one of discomfort. "wait for a serial killer to come and kill us, duh!" Yeji spoke with sarcasm dripping with each word as she glared at me. 

I rolled my eyes, "chill out, we're here to find lia." I say as I stepped closing, observing the walls which contained weird writings. "there are no serial killers-" a loud noise of the door shutting by itself cut me off.

everyone's heads whipped towards the entrance, "oh really? you still believe that?" Yeji asked as she stood beside yeonjun, "it was probably just the wind." kai answered, Yeji looked up at yeonjun, who offered her a comforting smile as I just watched the two, a smile tugging at my lips.

 "what are you smiling about?" ryujin asked as I glanced at her, shaking my head in response and keeping my gaze on the front of my shoes. "maybe we should split up?" beomgyu suggested as everyone except for me glared at him.

"you wanna split up?" yeonjun said, "I just think it'd be better than standing here waiting for something to happen." yeonjun chuckled at beomgyu's words, "you know, if this was a horror movie, you'd be the dumbass friend who dies first cause they wanna split up." he says pointing his index finger directly at beomgyu who frowned.

"what would you be then? the one who thinks he knows everything but actually ends up dying with the first friend anyways?" he retaliates as I groaned, "guys!" I yell, holding their attention as they both looked at me.

"can you not act like fucking five year olds for once?" I said as they both mumbled something incoherent while rolling their eyes. I notice kai walking away and standing in front of a pillar, looking upwards as my gaze followed his. this building has a lot of floors, too many and a lot less time to scan all of them.

 "someone needs to tell me why we're here so that we can get it over with and leave." ryujin says earnestly causing for Yeji to speak up, "she's right, what the fuck are we doing here, guys." I glanced over at the shut doors, uneasiness filling up my body.

I sure hope kai was right about the wind closing them.

★ (additional scene) ★

yewon 

I walk up to the front door of my house, looking around before I walk in. I place the house keys down the on the coffee table as I walk into the kitchen. the house was really quiet, I'm guessing yuna's not home yet. I hate being home alone. it always makes me feel like someone's watching me.

I pull open the fridge door, grabbing the orange coloured can of Fanta as I hear the sound of a door closing upstairs. "yuna? is that you?" I call out to my sister, getting no response in return. but wait, that can't be yuna. she told me she was gonna be out with Yeji till late. I pull my phone, dealing yuna's number but it goes straight to voicemail.

I groan, great, just great. when I'm actually in need of her she's in an area with absolutely no signal, based on what the woman's voice in the phone said. I walk closer to the living room but then freeze.

a dark hooded figure runs down the stairs and runs out of the house, leaving the door wide open.

its the same person from the factory.

at least I think it is.

the soda can in hands drop to the floor as it spills all over the wooden deck. I bring my phone out again, dialing yuna's number one more time as it once again goes to voicemail. panic flooding my system, I clicked the voicemail option, splurring out an incoherent sequence of words before speaking, "unnie its me, y-yewon, someone was just here. like they literally just ran out of the house, dressed in black as w-well. I think it's the same person who gave that n-note... please come home." I ended the voicemail as I shakily slipped my phone into my pocket.

I hesitantly picked up the fallen can as I intently stared at the open door.

who was that?