one ⛥

yuna ✧

I woke up to the shining light in my bedroom, only to find the entire house silent. "yewon?" I call out to my younger sister, whose bedroom's right across mine. I waited for a response but only got silence in return. "YEWON?" I called again, slightly raising my voice as I walked out of my bedroom and went straight into hers, but all that was there was a just perfectly made bed.

I walked down the stairs and went to check every room, but to no avail. She's been disappearing a lot lately, and that makes me curious. Our parents are never home, they're always gone on business trips, so its just her and I, but im actually kinda glad about that, cause I don't think our parents would even to take a second to call us and ask us how we're doing.

"YEWON, ARE YOU HOME?" I said, a little louder than last time, but was only met with more silence. I shook my head as I walk back up the stairs and went to room, I still had school to go to.

I unzipped my backpack and started placing all of things into it, while doing so, I spotted my phone on the nightstand. I grabbed the phone and dialed yewon's number, I kept the phone on the dresser as I zipped up my bag. The line went dead as I noticed that, she declined.

why would she do that?

"dammit yewon!" I muttered as I slid my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. I swung the backpack over my shoulders and grab the house keys, which were on the kitchen counter. I walked out the door ← not forgetting to lock it, of course →  as I got into my car and drove myself to school.

I look around for lia, my best friend , but I can't seem to find her. I walk through the main corridor with my head down, as I constantly hear everybody gossiping about the party last week.

I open my locker to grab whatever I needed and then closed it. Just as I was about to move, I bumped into someone. I turned around, "im sorry- oh. its you." she said with a nonchalant tone as I glanced at her, "watch where you're going, ryujin." I say as I roll my eyes and walk past her. I felt an arm gripping my wrist, turning around only to be met with the same brown eyes.

"don't walk away from me." she says annoyed as I chuckled darkly. "watch me, bitch." I say as I yank my hand away from her but then -- boy, has she got some nerve -- she pushes me, a rather powerful push, might I add, as I fall down on the floor. I stood up, about to throw a punch when all of a sudden, lia runs in between us, causing for me to retract my hand. "guys, please stop arguing." lia pleaded.

"she started it!" I exclaimed, "you bumped into me!" and so did ryujin. "you're the one who grabbed my hand." I tried to be as calm as I could, but at this point, I frankly didn't even care. "bitch, you're the one who walked away from me!" she screamed as I internally cringed at her whining face, "you just love the attention, ryujin, don't you?" I said, gesturing towards all the other students in the hallway, who stopped to watch our fight. Just as she was about to talk back, lia cut her off. "can the two of you just please get along for once?" she asks

"never."

we answered in unison. ugh.

but all I know, is that I will forever hate shin ryujin.

why? well, we all used to be best friends, two years ago. But then one day, everything came tumbling down. ryujin hated me and she never gave a me proper reason as to why. And eventually, I got tired of trying to figure it out, and all the emotions I had towards our friendship, turned into resentment.

"can we just go to class?" I ask as lia nods immediately, I glared at ryujin one last time as lia dragged me way. We started to walk to class in silence, as lia then poked me, "what happened this time?" she asked as I rolled my eyes. "she bumped into me." I say.

lia sighs, "you guys need to sort out your problems." she spoke as I nodded with a sour look on my face. "its been two fucking years, if she wanted to apologise, she should've. But clearly, she didn't." I said as I walked past her and headed inside the classroom, which was right next to Lia's class.

kai ✦

I walked inside the class and saw lia sitting at the back. She's been acting really weird lately, I walked up to her desk and sat next to her. "hey," I say as she glances at me. "hi?" she says with a confused look on her face.

Lia's my twin sister, but we don't look alike at all. In fact, I actually look older than her. But that's probably cause she got mom's genes. "are you okay?" I ask her as she raises her eyebrow, "yeah...why the sudden care?" she replies. "you've just been acting odd lately, that's all." I say as she nods slowly. "its nothing kai." she responds.

just then, her phone beeped as she pulled it out of her bag. "who is it?" I ask as she looks down at her phone.  But when she did so, her face dropped. "Lia."

she looks at me again, "its just yuna." she says as I gave her an unsure look. "are you sure?"  I ask, feeling a little suspicious about her actions. "of course I am." she says as I turn my attention towards the teacher.

I look around the class, only to glance at lia again, noticing that her fingers were trembling and her leg was furiously shaking up and down. 

now im starting to think that it wasn't yuna.

but I didn't give much thought about it and decided to mind my own business, surprisingly.