twelve ⛥

ryujin ✩

the sound of the bell ringing has my ears perched as the chemistry teacher ends her boring lesson and dismisses us. I was one of the first to dash out of the door, I had a fifteen minute break before my next class and I really wanted to use it. I walked towards my locker, only to notice a crowd of people surrounding the two lockers ahead of mine. Lia's locker.

I made my way through the crowd slowly, stopping at the front when a bunch police officers forcefully opened Lia's locker. I notice beomgyu right across from me, watching them as well. I walked over to him, confusion clouding my face. 

"what the fuck is going on?" I asked him, trying my best to keep my voice down. beomgyu turns his head, his eyes meeting mine as he shrugs his shoulders. "they said they're searching her locker for something." my eyebrows furrowed. I bet it has something to do with the freaky text from detention.

I narrowed my eyes at the police officers, noticing their jackets having the big letters "FBI" in yellow text. "the FBI's searching Lia's locker?" I whisper as I lean on him, not noticing his hand wrapping around my waist. he nodded as his gazed turned back to the officers. 

I pulled him by the arm as we tried to get out of the crowd, while doing so I made eye contact with a rather familiar male, who was standing at the entrance of the hallway. I looked at him with a frown staining my face, I didn't even realise how I long I've been staring at him when beomgyu nudged my stomach with his elbow. 

"you're staring." he says. "I really don't care." I said as yeonjun starts slowly walking towards us. I fold my arms over my chest as I smirk, "I'm gonna ask him about the polaroid."

"no you're not." beomgyu says, shaking his head causing for him to tilt my head and glance at him. "I will." he then said. "why can't I do it?" I ask. "you'll get upset and shout." he reasons as I scoff, "so?" he harshly grabs my arm, shocking me, "ryujin this is not the place or time to interrogate that idiot." he said looking deeply into my eyes, his eyes darkening with each word he spoke. he glanced down to the tight hold he had on my arm, "I'm sorry." he said before letting go.

he walked towards yeonjun, causing for confused me to just follow behind. beomgyu puts his hand on yeonjun's shoulder, "hey?" yeonjun says, rather confused as beomgyu just pursed his lips together and nodded. "we need to talk." he calmly says, "beomgyu, we never talk." yeonjun paused before continuing, "and we don't need to start now." 

 I furrowed my eyebrows at his words, but just as I was about to open my mouth, beomgyu pulled yeonjun away, as far as he can down the hallway, away from the huge crowd surrounding Lia's locker.

I followed behind, my hands in the pockets of my jacket. yeonjun leans against the locker, crossing his arms, "this better not be a waste of my time." he says looking at the both of us, "did something happen between you and Lia?" beomgyu asks as both my eyes and yeonjun's snapped straight towards him. I knew what he was gonna say but I didn't think he'd go straight to the point. "no."

"no?" beomgyu questioned, as I listened intently. did yeonjun just say no? but the picture says otherwise. "no beomgyu, Lia and I never spoke to each other." he continued, as i raised my eyebrow. "were you guys friends?" beomgyu asks him as yeonjun only shakes his head in response. beomgyu scratches the back of his head and frowns. yeonjun's lying.

"I know we're not close, but I really don't want you to lie to me." beomgyu says in a rather serious tone, "I'm not lying." yeonjun says as he walks forward to us. "I don't want to talk about Lia anymore." he says, looking me dead in the eye, sending shivers down my spine. beomgyu puts his hand on yeonjun's shoulder, slightly pushing him back. yeonjun scoffs, as he started to walk towards the school doors. "we saw the picture, yeonjun." I said.

he stops dead in his tracks. he didn't turn around, but I could just imagine the look on his face. I stepped forward, almost just ten steps behind him. "you did talk to Lia," I say with an accusing tone. "and by the looks of the picture,  something definitely was going on." I spat, causing for yeonjun to spin on his heel, facing me with glistening eyes.

 "where and how did you see it?" he asks, "that's irrelevant." I muttered, his eyes darkening with each he heard coming out of my mouth. his eyebrows raise up, as he sighs, walking forward. Beomgyu steps forward as well, smiling at me. "alright, I'll tell you."

yeonjun walks ahead of us, stopping right in front of the lockers. "but this stays between us." we nodded as a response, as his arms crossed over his chest. "Lia and I were dating." my eyes and well as beomgyu's widen. 

"you were dating my-" beomgyu cut himself off, "how long?" he asks him, "about five months, we wanted to keep it secret because her family practically hated me and I wasn't exactly a fan of theirs either." yeonjun says nonchalantly, like this news wasn't surprising at all. "you're a druggie!" beomgyu's voice turned more high-pitched. "was a druggie." yeonjun corrected, "so rehab worked?"

"how did you know that about?" he asks beomgyu, a frown forming on his face. "I'm not stupid." he replies. "oh...well i've been off drugs for a while now and lia's proud of me for it." yeonjun says calmly, as I cleared my throat, causing for them both to glance at me. "you could go back to drugs at any time, there's no telling how long you can stay off them." I said as beomgyu nodded, "you guys really have no faith in me?" he says, as I scoffed. 

"well yeonjun, we're not really friends!" beomgyu. exclaimed, startling me. weren't we having a calm conversation till now? "clearly!" yeonjun said back. "I don't even know why I'm talking to you both." he said as I roll my eyes. "piss off, yeonjun." I said as I dragged beomgyu away.

I inhaled sharply, a thousand thoughts going through my mind at the moment. Lia and yeonjun dated? maybe friends, sure, but dating? and for five months? yeonjun had an addiction and went to rehab? I stayed quiet and didn't scream at his face? I sighed. i can't take this as well as I thought I could. 

"now that we spoke to him and you got the information you wanted, I'm heading to the library." I hear beomgyu's voice. he walks past me as I follow behind him, still trying my best to process everything in my head.

lia, I really wish you were here so you can tell me what the fuck is going on.