eighteen ⛥

yuna ✧

beomgyu and I walk down a long hallway, everyone splitting up into pairs by a game of rock, paper, scissors to see who was with who, as splitting up would be much easier to cover more ground. I notice beomgyu glancing over at the paneless windows, "why are we here?" his voice breaks the long held silence. "you know why." I replied as he stopped walking, "no, I really don't."

"we got that note from DR-" I was cut off, "look around, yuna, there's nothing here!" he says, motioning to the dark and empty hallway with his hands. I inhale sharply, looking up at the boy, "I wanna find out who think its funny to be messing with us, and so does huening kai." I reply, he looks over at the floor, kicking the ground with the sole of his shoe. "it's like we're looking for a ghost." he says. "let's just keep looking then, beom." I say lowly, taking the initiative to walk ahead of him, "for what? what are we even looking for?" he asks, trailing behind me.

I bite the inside of my cheek, "I don't know, okay? I really don't fucking know," I answer, frustrating closing over each word. I look towards the window, as he stood in front of me, shaking his head and putting his hand on my shoulder. "come on." he said, nodding over to the end of the hallway. my eyes widen slightly, "what?" I mutter, clearly confused. "come on, let's keep looking." he said, walking away as I smile, following behind.

we kept looking around, inspecting every nook and cranny of the creepy place, not really saying much to each other in the process. "can I ask you something?" I ask out of the blue, unable to hide my curiosity anymore. he looks over at me and nods, "yeah, go ahead." I sigh, "why are you always late to school?" I asked, and the expression on his face slightly faltered. A wave of guilt washed over me as I felt like I overstepped his boundaries by asking. "I'm sorry if I sound nosey, you don't have to tell me but I was just curious..." I rambled, hoping he'd ask me to stop.

"its nothing to be concerned about." he said as he continued looking around, walking into the left side of the diverging hallway, leading into a dark room, a tiny bit of light shining through the window. "right, sorry..." I say as I scratched my arm awkwardly, walking towards the other side of the room and picking up the things that were scattered around. seeing as there was nothing there, we left the room, walking back into another corridor, one seemingly less brighter than the last as there were lesser windows.

we reached about halfway through the hallway when beomgyu stopped walking, I turned around, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows. he took in a deep breath, "the reason why I'm always late...." he paused for a moment, almost hesitating to speak. "you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable, beom." I say as I continued walking.

"my dad has medical problems and needs help with his medication."

I stop in my tracks, turning around slowly to the boy who was hardly seven feet away from me. he ran a hand through his hair, "helping him can sometimes take hours, which is why I'm always late." he said, looking at his shoes, handing crossed over his chest. my eyes softened at his vulnerable state. I've known beomgyu since we were infants, we practically grew up together. seeing him like this broke my heart.

"my sleep schedule's all over the place and I'm just worried that he isn't gonna last long." he spoke, he looked up, meeting my pity filled eyes as his gaze turned into one of guilt. "don't look at me like that." he said, clearly not liking the sympathy I was showing him through my stare. "I'm sorry," I say. "I'm really sorry, that, that's happening to you. you don't deserve that." I say as I slowly took a step forward.

I look up at him with pity filled eyes again as he shook his head slowly, "yuna-" I didn't let him finish as I flung my arms over his neck, embracing him in a tight hug. he hesitantly returned the gesture, enclosing his arms over my waist, letting out a deep sigh. "thank you for telling me."