On The Run (James)

A knock sounded at 12:00 at night and I got out of bed and opened the door. My porch light illuminated the face of the intruder of my sleep and I gasped when I saw their face.

"J what did you do?" I ask pulling my boyfriend inside my house and closing the door. His face was bloody and bruised from what I could see. He looked like he had been put through Hell and then some.

I sat him down on my couch and went to get my first aid kit. I then got some warm water in a bowl and began to dab at his face where there was blood. After I patched him up he finally spoke.

Tears ran down his face, "I messed up, (y/n)! I fucked up!" He muttered and I held his face in my hands.

"J, what did you do?" I ask again but more insistent this time.

He looks down then back up at me, "I'm wanted,
(y/n)! I have to leave, I'm sorry!" He apologized and I sighed, my fears becoming reality.

"What the hell were you thinking, J?" I scold him. He grips his hair in his hands and pulls at it in fear and panic.

"I wasn't! I thought I had no choice, (y/n)! I did it for us!" He explains eccentrically. I grip my own hair in frustration at my boyfriend's stupidity. But once I hear sirens I look toward the window and rush to my purse. I grab a few bills for bus money and grab James's hand and stuff it in his palm.

"(y/n), please forgive me?" He pleads not caring about the sirens that grew louder.

I lean up and kiss his lips in haste, "of course I forgive you, now head out the back door before they catch you, baby!" I tell him with a sad smile.

"I don't know how to repay you, (y/n)?" He says but I shut him up.

"You repay me by not getting caught! But let it be known i'm sticking my neck out for you so you owe me big time, Kelly!" I remind him before pushing him out the door.

"I love you, baby!" He whispers.

I smile and kiss his cheek before shooing him away, "I love you too, now be safe!" I warn him and he nods before running off into the darkness.

About 5 minutes later the sirens were outside my house. A sharp knock at my door made me walk over to the front door. I opened the door to be met by the police, "evening, miss. (l/n)! We are terribly sorry for the disturbance, but have you had any contact in the last 24 hours with your boyfriend, James Kelly, and would know where to find him?" The head officer asked.

I put on my innocent act and laid it on thick. "No, no I'm sorry officer I haven't seen James for 2 days, why did something happen?" I ask concerned.

"I'm afraid so, ma'am; your boyfriend is a suspect in an attempted bank robbery; please if he contacts you give us a call!" He said handing me his business card and I looked up at him.

"Will do officer!" I say. The officer bid me goodnight and left with his police force. My facade dropped and I crumpled up the business card in my fist, knowing damn well, I didn't plan on selling my boyfriend out.