Marry Me? (Clay)

You were just getting home from dinner before the night of your boyfriend's surgery. You were nervous for the next day but you along with his mother had made him hire the best surgeon for the operation.

Clay wanted to make the most of the night, which is how you found yourself laying on your bed with him hovering over you. Because there was always some risk when operating, he wanted to make love to you potentially for the last time.

His lips sent shivers down your spine, but the good kind as they traveled all around your face and neck. He had discarded your skirt somewhere in the room leaving you in your underwear. Your finger fumbled in his shirt gripping it in your hands as he kissed you.

Your fingers then went to unbuckle his belt when you felt a particular heavy object in the right most pocket. Clay looked down and his eyes widened when your hand came out of his pocket to reveal a velvet box.

You knew instantly what it was and looked up at Clay to see him staring at you in awe. "Clay?" You whispered and he smiled.

"I didn't want to propose like this but with my coming surgery, I wanted to make a promise to you!" He took the ring box from your hand and flipped it open to reveal the ring inside

It was simple but beautiful, maybe worth a cool $1,000 dollars. But you weren't with Clay because of how much money he could drop on you and still be rich. No you were with him because you truly deeply loved him, and this ring showed that. He didn't have to buy you the most expensive engagement ring in the world, his love would have sufficed.

"This ring promises that I will marry you after my surgery and after I recover. I don't know what the future brings for me, but all I know is that I want you in it until the end. Whether that is tomorrow or 60 years from now, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I have faith that I will survive my surgery which is why I didn't elope with you, because I wanted to give you the big wedding you so deserve. So (y/n) (l/n), will you promise as I have and marry me...Someday?" He asked.

You laughed and nodded, you couldn't form words at the moment. Tears were in your eyes as he smiled a big goofy smile. He took the ring out of the ring box and slipped it on your ring finger. "It's a perfect fit!" He whispered happily before pressing his lips to yours passionately.

You were to be married to Clay Beresford, you couldn't believe it! Oh how your life had changed; you had came from a middle class family in the Midwest; to becoming engaged to the youngest billionaire in the world

As your fiancé kissed you with such tenderness. As he trailed his hands up and down your bare body as he made love to you, you made up your mind.

You would be sitting in that waiting room tomorrow for however long it took. Because he had promised to come back to you, and you were promised an entire lifetime with him.

Luckily for you, Clay was able to keep that promise.