My Hero (Clay)

Prompt: You run into your cheating ex at a restaurant, and your boyfriend sees this and saves you.
——————————-

You were just getting back from the restroom when you heard your name being called. You spun around only to come face to face with your ex boyfriend, Andrew Pompadour.

"Andrew? What are you doing here?" You ask confused. This was a more lower class restaurant and him being from the upper class he normally wouldn't be caught dead in a place like this.

"I could ask you the same question. I'm with my girlfriend if you must know!" He answered. You nodded and he continued to talk to you.

You glanced behind you and then felt him move a piece of hair behind your ear making you shutter. "Gosh, your beautiful!" He muttered making you feel uncomfortable at his words. You liked being called beautiful, but not by him.

You were about to leave this conversation all together until he grabbed your hand. You looked him in the eyes, "let go." You order him, but he doesn't listen, "I said—"

"Let go!" A familiar voice said coming up behind you, "she said, let go!" Clay said glaring at Andrew, giving him a protective and possessive look.

Andrew was quick to release his hold on you in which Clay pushed you behind him protectively. "We were just talking relax, man!" Andrew said, "this isn't your problem!"

Clay cocked his head, "are you sure about that? Because from how I see it, you touched her without her consent, and wouldn't let go when she told you to! So as far as I'm concerned it is my problem!" Clay said smirking softly.

Andrew chuckled, "what are you a cop?" He asked clearly not knowing who he was dealing with.

Clay shook his head, "no, far from it! I'm just her boyfriend, so I suggest you walk away before we have a real problem!" He says calmly.

Andrew scoffed, "whatever, man! You can keep her, she isn't worth the trouble, anyway!" Andrew said glaring at Clay before walking off.

Clay glared at the back of his head until he disappeared from sight. He then whirled around to check on you, "are you okay, love?" He asked sweetly, cupping your cheeks to look you over with concern. "Who was that, anyway?" He asked.

"Just an asshole ex; nobody that matters to me anymore!" You tell him, "and yeah I'm okay, just relieved he's gone!" You assure him and he lets out a sigh of relief.

He then smiles, "shall we finish our date, beautiful?" He asks and you smile. Andrew calling you beautiful felt like a diss, but from Clay it made you believe it to be true.

You nodded and he took your hand and lead you back to the table. He sat you down and sat across from you. "Thanks for coming to my rescue!" You thank him and he just smirks.

"I'd be a pretty poor excuse of a boyfriend if I didn't!" He answered making you laugh.

"Yeah, but still! Thank you, my hero!" You nickname him.

He chuckles, "hero, huh?" He asks, "I think I like the sound of that!" He says smirking.

You glare jokingly at him, "and here I thought your ego couldn't get any bigger!" You joke, making you both laugh.

——time skip——

After dinner Clay holds your hand as you walk along the sidewalk. You were about to walk across the road when Clay grips your hand tighter and pulls you back on the sidewalk and out of the way of a taxi that rumbles past.

You breathe heavily "Are you okay?" He asks again, holding you to his chest in a hug.

"Yeah, thanks!" You answer, pulling away. He looks at you slightly amused, "that's twice tonight, I've saved you! Soon I'm gonna demand payment!" He jokes.

You smile, "what kinda payment are we talking, hero?" You ask.

He smiles and pokes his cheek, "a kiss should do it!" He answers. You oblige and lean up to lay a kiss on his cheek. He then points to his other cheek and you go in and kiss that one too. Finally he points to his mouth and you grin before kissing his lips.

He pulls away and leans his forehead against yours, "your debts repaid, beautiful!" He whispers before whisking you home to lay in the safety of his arms.