ONE DAY; fridolina rolfö

Summary: frido calls y/n after the semifinal match against spain.

Warnings: sad frido, fluff. short.

Note: English is not my first language.

Frido bites her bottom lip, sitting far away from her national teammates. She unblocked her phone and saw a lot of missed calls from her family, friends and Y/N.

She leaned her back on the wall, hearing the distant quiet chat between some of them. The blonde pressed the button to start a FaceTime call. She wants to forget everything that happened right now and talk with her favourite person.

"Hii, love." Y/N's face approached after a few seconds. She was giving her a sad smile, her eyes looking red, accentuating her colour eyes.

"I'm the only one who loses. What is your excuse?" Frido asked in a raspy voice, a tiny smile decorating her lips.

Y/N shakes her head, chuckling softly. "Well, my excuse is seeing you cry." She confessed, shrugging.

The blonde bites a little too hard on her lower lip, holding her own tears for this confession. Something really hard to do when she cried recently.

"Sorry..." Frido muttered, closing her eyes briefly and inevitably a tear rolled for her left cheek.

"You don't have to apologize, mi amor. You have the right to cry and feel sad." Y/N said firm in a soft voice.

Frido gives her one of her famous smiles, showing all her teeth, this time adorned by her tears. "I told you how much I love you?" She asked, watching between her blurred vision how Y/N shakes her head slowly.

"Something I heard..." Y/N giggles. "Frido... I know you are disappointed," Y/N started to say, looking at her with a serious but soft look. Frido swallows, nodding with her head briefly. "You were hopeful and I'm not gonna lie... I was too. I don't care if I am from Spain or not. You know what I think about Spain in this tournament..." Y/N bites her bottom lip, not wanting to let out any tears right now. "Just remember this encounter and make a promise to come back and do it until the final. Because I know you can. Sweden can do it." Y/N finished, clearing her throat to swallow the lump formed there.

A sob escapes from Frido's lips, hiding with a hand her eyes, letting all the tears out. "I p-promise you t-that." She stammered, wiping her tears with the palm of her hand that covered her eyes before.

"I know. You won the League's title, nationals cups, you just won the champions league... Do you think that you can't win the euro or the world cup? Because I'm sure if it's not the two, some of them could be." Y/N reassured her, smiling widely when Frido chuckled.